need help with serial number and starting up daz properly (Solved)

nekoneko Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in New Users

Hello there,

sorry if this question is stupid, but I really don't know what to do. I downloaded and installed daz 4.5, and when I ran it, it asked for a serial number. On several occasions it was mentioned that a registered user gets a free serial number, so I registered, confirmed and waited. On my account dashboard, there's of course the serial number place, but it's empty. Then I tried loading daz without the number, but it's completely devoid of any stuff I could use. The included tutorial shows a basic genesis figure that should be included and that should load automatically, but it's not there. I think now that not having registered and not having a 3D model appearing is linked.

What can I do? I've already checked all support links, but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance, Neko

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, you Where did you get the 4.5 version form, did you 'buy' it for $0.00 in the store, and then go through checkout? If not, then you wont have a serial number.

What you have without the serial number is DAZ Studio Standard, and you need the serial number to make it the Pro version, and get full use of the tools.

DS 4.5 has a seperate content installer called Genesis Starter Essentials which MUST be installed as well as the main program installer, otherwise you will have no content to display.

Let me know how you get on.

• nekoneko Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, I downloaded 4.5 directly from the page. But now I "bought" the pro version via the shop, and tada, a serial number appeared, like you said! Now I'll go look for the starter essentials which I obviously forgot.
    Thank you so much for your help! ^^

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

My pleasure.

All you need to install is the main program installer, and Genesis Starter Essentials.

If you have Photoshop, and ZBrush, then you can install the plugins for them as well, but I would just install the two files I have mentioned for the moment. If that all works out for you, then post in this forum again for any additional help you need.