Save the spot render?

jim_d377a9cfjim_d377a9cf Posts: 22
edited May 2016 in New Users

Is there a way to only render a specific part of the viewport in Daz Studio 4.8? I know I can use the spot render tool to make a selection, but that doesn't give me an option to save the result.

Cheers in advance!

Post edited by jim_d377a9cf on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Is there a way to only render a specific part of the viewport in Daz Studio 4.8? I know I can use the spot render tool to make a selection, but that doesn't give me an option to save the result.

Cheers in advance!

You can spot render to a new window...

• jim_d377a9cfjim_d377a9cf Posts: 22
    edited May 2016
    mjc1016 said:

Cheers in advance!

You can spot render to a new window...

Thank you, but how? :)

Edit: Ahh I found it! Windows > Panes > Tool Settings

Cheers!

Post edited by jim_d377a9cf on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I was looking it up, too...because I don't often do it that way.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551

You can also use File>Save Last Render.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited September 2018

You can also use File>Save Last Render.

I don't know about in May 16 but as of 23/Sep/2018 Save Last Render saves the last full render, something I'm very happy to find in general because there has been occasions I've accidentally closed the render when I came back to the computer after it had gone to sleep. But, I just let a spot render go for an hour and a half only to lose it when I tried to saved last render, so now I'm using the other method of render to new window. Thanks for the help on this, (not sarcasm, nobody is perfect, even you Richard. :-) )

Post edited by AbnerK on
  • Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 398

Save last render doesn't save a spot render if it's done in the viewport. So we still don't have an answer on how to save a spot render in the viewport. Saving the last draw didn't work either.

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 398

So, I did a spot render in a new window to make a correction to the previous render. Did Save Last Render, and.... I saved the last full render, not the spot.

Now I'm even more confused.

• For me, it's not working, guys. I go to the tools tab, and the Spot render tool (Alt+Shift+C). Then I select it, but no render to new window option ever shows.

In the render options, "general" tab, I have selected the option "new window" in the "Render target". Still, no spot rendering in a new window.

Am I doing something wrong?

For the record, I'm using the 4.16 pro version of Daz.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,009
    edited January 2022

juliojcesar17 said:

For me, it's not working, guys. I go to the tools tab, and the Spot render tool (Alt+Shift+C). Then I select it, but no render to new window option ever shows.

In the render options, "general" tab, I have selected the option "new window" in the "Render target". Still, no spot rendering in a new window.

Am I doing something wrong?

For the record, I'm using the 4.16 pro version of Daz.

The spot render New Window option is in the Tool Settings pane. I have a custom workspace. Your pane layout is probably different. If you don't have the Tool Settings pane visible, go to the Window menu and then Panes (Tabs) submenu and select the Tool Settings.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 145022.jpg
    561 x 631 - 27K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • charlescharles Posts: 810

You can always just hit PRINT SCREEN to save to save the screen to buffer and open that in an image editor and crop.

• Steel Rat said:

So, I did a spot render in a new window to make a correction to the previous render. Did Save Last Render, and.... I saved the last full render, not the spot.

Now I'm even more confused.

Try saving the new window ;-) That is the new render. Give the render a name, select the file destination etc., same steps as saving a normal render.

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

I do a lot of spot rendering, to fix issues not seen in the lower-rez test renders, and for alternate versions of renders. You need to set the spot render tool to render to a new window (see posts above). I also have a Photoshop action setup to open my saved render (I always save the PNG file to the same name), flatten the image, copy it to the clipboard and close the file. Then I just paste that into the PSD file in Photoshop and it's already lined up. Then I do whatever editing I need and Bob's your uncle.