Carrara 8.5 Pro and Mac OS X

GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,053
edited April 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Ever since I upgraded to the lastest build of Carrara 8.5 Pro (8.5.1.19), I've had issues opening up DAZ Studio scene files. When Carrara cannot find the texture reference, it opens a dialog box asking for me to find the location of the missing texture file. Problem is that it doesnt tell me which file it's looking for. In the PC version it always tells me the file name in question and the previous MAC build would as well. But this build does not and it's getting pretty frustrating. Is there a workaround or better yet a newer build for OS X for Carrara? My DAZ Studio is 4.9. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by GRFK DSGN Unlimited on

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Nope, it's a known bug, caused by El Capitan.

• Well that sucks!

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168

Nope, it's a known bug, caused by El Capitan.

More accurately, it's a bug caused by Carrara having never been updated to funciton properly with El Capitan. Operating Systems are going to keep changing and advancing. If the developers at Daz refuse to keep up, these issues are going to continue and they are going to get worse as the years progress. 

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168

...or better yet a newer build for OS X for Carrara? 

Good one.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

If you are lucky enough to still have a copy of Carrara 7.2, you can use it to open scenes with misplaced texture files. Carrara 7.2 will still display the names of the missing files, even under the El Capitan OS.

I haven't found any version of Carrara 8 that will still show the names.

• Well anything prior to 8.5 doesnt open DUF files and that's the one thing I need. I think I managed to find software for 8.5.0.132. I'm going to try that tomorrow and see if it works.

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 98

An other trick is to keep an older version of Mac OS X on an external drive. I do it (Yosemite), which make me able to import any scene from Poser to Carrara whitout getting an headache.