I feel like I'm doing something wrong (solved)

edited September 2012 in New Users

I am fairly new to the DAZ 3D thing, and I've heard a lot about it so I decided to download it today. I installed it now problem got it running and registered, and when I start the program I don't have the Genesis figure loaded. I've tried to find a basic tutorial or something, but even the easiest tutorials have the figure already loaded.

I don't know if I installed it wrong or did something. I assumed there was at least a basic model included so I could try the software out before I bought additional models.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, and have even tried re-downloading the software and re-installing.

I don't know what to do at this point. I'm feeling a little dumb right now.

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• edited December 1969

I really am dumb. bout an hour later I got an Email with the rest of the files I needed. I"m going to see if this helps.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

In addition to the application installer there's an installer called Genesis Starter Essentials, which has the content that comes with DS4.5. If you didn't "buy" it (for $0) through the store, do it that way and you will find it among the downloads.

• edited September 2012

In addition to the application installer there's an installer called Genesis Starter Essentials, which has the content that comes with DS4.5. If you didn't "buy" it (for $0) through the store, do it that way and you will find it among the downloads.

Yeah about an hour after I registered the software and finished downloading the main software I got an email with the link to that. Hence the feeling dumb part :P

That answered my question. *walks out of the thread embarrassed*

Post edited by D8402l_bb31b001bf on