Requesting Help with Lantios Lights

VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
edited September 2012 in New Users

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I recently bought the Lantios Light Packs I & II during the recent PA sale, and I have been trying to use them in DAZ Studio 4.5, but whenever I render, it returns an error about displacements being only at 17% or 5% or 0% what have you, and I'm wondering if anyone else has received similar errors, and how to resolve them?

Oddly, when I set up my own lights with Uber Environment, this error doesn't appear, it only seems to be when I use lighting presets, particularly the Lantios lights. Any input?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Below is a screengrab of the error message:

DAZ_Render_Error.jpg
394 x 448 - 59K
Post edited by Visioneer on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,568
    edited December 1969

It's not an error - it's a warning, mainly of interest to people making films where wasting a little time looking too far out from the mesh for displaced geometry would, over thousands of frames, add up to a lot of hours. For practical purposes you can ignore it, though if it applies to all surfaces with a given displacement map and you really want to shave every second off your render times you could take the displacement maps in to an image editor, use the levels/equalisation tool to make sure the map ran from black to white, and adjust the limits down to balance that; however, for most users that would be a waste of effort.