Installation Path for Daz studio not found

sicga123sicga123 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
I wonder if anyone has encoutered this problem before - when I try to load in a couple of plugins in .exe format I egt a message stating that 'unable to find installation path for daz studio', and the load fails.

I've tried setting the path in the environmental variables (I may have done it wrong admittedly), I even put daz on a nother amchine and it stuill failed there.

I'm using daz 3D version 3 for this particular project as the plugins I wanted supposedly work with this version (only they don't).

I'm trying to load dreamlights point light and light sphere pointers. The support at dreamlight are fine and I gues they are working on it but no luck so far. I thought I'd ask here in case someone had come across the problem before and had the solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I've only gotten that message when I tried to install an application that is not compatible with current version

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Could you give Links to products?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

sicga123 said:
    Hi
    I wonder if anyone has encoutered this problem before - when I try to load in a couple of plugins in .exe format I egt a message stating that 'unable to find installation path for daz studio', and the load fails.

I've tried setting the path in the environmental variables (I may have done it wrong admittedly), I even put daz on a nother amchine and it stuill failed there.

I'm using daz 3D version 3 for this particular project as the plugins I wanted supposedly work with this version (only they don't).

I'm trying to load dreamlights point light and light sphere pointers. The support at dreamlight are fine and I gues they are working on it but no luck so far. I thought I'd ask here in case someone had come across the problem before and had the solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What version of DS3 are you using, look in Help > About DAZ Studio.

Are you sure that these items are designed for DS3? Can you give a link to the product pages?

You will get that message if you are trying to install to the wrong version of DAZ Studio, and the installer cannot find the correct DAZ Studio file. It may say on the product page what specific version of DS3 they were intended for, and you may have an older version. Knowing that it is DS3 is not enough, we need the version number as well.

• sicga123sicga123 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@medzin - that confirms my suspscions - for starters the loading screen on the plugin looks similar to daz 3D version 2 if I remember right. I've only recently started to use Daz 3D bit I had it some time ago.

@Jaderall - the links are 1. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pointlight-lightsphere/ and
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/spotlight-pointer-for-ds/

although I bought them together in this:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pointer-pack-for-daz-studio

I've just noticed that the spotlight pointer states not compatible with newer versions than 1.8 so I guess that is the answer there although it should have stated it on the item I bought.

Ok thanks for all your help, just straneg that they are all packed together when they all won't work on the same version of Daz 3D.

edited December 1969

I hate to tell you this but DS3 has all the Pointers and Spheres built into the Last build.

Camera, Point Light and Spotlight.

Pointers-3.jpg
    462 x 420 - 35K
    Pointers-2.jpg
    434 x 459 - 64K
    Pointers-1.jpg
    617 x 590 - 73K
    edited December 1969

Ask for a refund and then buy something else.

• sicga123sicga123 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Jaderail - thanks, I already have asked for a refund. Strange that they are still on sale but I suppose some people use earlier versions.

I appreciate you letting me know.