carrara and amd fire pro

Hi, i would like to know if carrara use the accelerate of card amd fire pro, or it is as daz that use only nvidia accelerate?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI,. Arisguard

No ,. Carrara's own render engine doesn't use your graphics card GPU or ram

It does have other renderer plugins available which do use your GPU and ram ..EG : Luxus and Octane,

• hi, tnks.

Another information, do luxus or octane do realistic render? Because i buy reality, also to use my videocard, but it do realistic render. I would to use my card also for simple render.

• For simple renders, Carrara's native renderer is very fast. It can also be fast (by comparison to other renderers) for more complex scenes as well. It is what is called a biased renderer.

Octane and Lux, are un-biased renderers. They are supposed to be based more on real world lighting and don't use some of the so-called "cheats" that a biased renderer uses. They require many more samples to resolve the lighting in these renderers, which is why there has been so much work to get them to use the specialized high speed processors in modern graphics cards. They have become quite good, but really require a lot of video RAM for complex scenes.

• ok tnks

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145

I use Octane Render for Carrara extensively and it produces fabulously realistic renders, and very fast too.  I used to have a 3 year old laptop with a 2GB Nvidia graphics card and it would happily render one or two figures in a scene. I have just upgraded and the new Nvidia card is at least 5 times faster, and with 4GB of graphics RAM, I will be able to render more complex scenes purely on the card.  It also has the option to use your normal RAM to hold textures, which is slightly slower and allows more complex scenes on cards with smaller RAM.  If yoiu can afford it, I would highly recommend it. I have attached a couple of examples so you can judge the realism for yourself.

LotusElise1.png
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    Raven-Golden2Final.jpg
    600 x 900 - 90K
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

Just a heads up that Octane only works with NVIDIA, not with AMD like the AMD Fire Pro, yet.

OpenCL and AMD support is planned for Octane 3.0 currently in beta, but a quick check at the Octane Forum, shows that this major feature is still missing from the Beta.

Right now, Luxus and LuxusCore plugins work with AMD Fire Pro cards:

http://www.daz3d.com/luxus-for-carrara

http://carraracafe.com/plugins/luxuscore-for-carrara-plugin-unofficial-manual-2015-02-15/

• ArisguardArisguard Posts: 122

PhilW, the renders that you show is really beautiful, very realistic. Now i dont will use the carrara or daz(i have little time for now), Octane is very expensive, i am going to use luxus for carrara in the future.

i saw that there is luxcore beta for carrara nad it is free. But how install it?

Arisguard said:

i saw that there is luxcore beta for carrara nad it is free. But how install it?

ok, i saw that it install in a path.

Arisguard said:

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited March 2016

LuxCore works really well.

Here is an example.

I did not modify the scene to use any of Carrara's shaders this is with the default Stonemason Studio shaders.

If I took the time to adjust them for Carrara then It might look better.

Streets of Tuscany Lux Core.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by chickenman on