Question about Cloud 9 Domes

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited September 2012 in Carrara Discussion

Hi. How are we supposed to install Cloud Nine Domes for Carrara 8.5 (in conjunction with DAZ Studio 4.5?

And then how do I find this inside of Carrara?

EDIT - I've located the 30 .cbr files under DAZ Studio >My Library Presets.
Tried simply dragging those into Carrara8.5>MyObjects - and the folder shows up but nothing inside of it.

Will try reinstalling the 7 or so parts where the Carrara Executable is I guess.

If someone knows the right way, please let me know.

Thanks

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 1969

Hya Mosk

I am at work but from memeory
    you go your objects folder and use add folder and tell Carrara where the domes are installed

could be wrong
    my brain is currently full of postcodes and telephone numbers

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Hey Head Wax - I missed your post while I was updating my first post.

I tried updating and adding folder but will mess around with it a bit more before trying to reinstall in different location.

Thanks

edited December 1969

Have tried adding and updating folders - then tried reinstalling into same directory as the Carrara executable as opposed to a DAZ Runtime - still can't get it to work.

And the read me link at end of installation goes to a dead page unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited December 1969

sorry I am still at work....

if that didn't work
    try adding the folding in the scene part of the browser, rather than the objects....

might work/?

it has to be easy, even I managed to do it and I am a thickhead at these things ;)

edited December 1969

evidently not as thick headed as I -
    :snake:

will give the scene area a try . . .

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Mosk :)

Firstly, The Carrara version of Cloud 9 goes into the Carrara Program. not into DS

If I remember correctly. Cloud 9 creates a set of folders for the Domes "Objects" but you need to manually "Add Folder" to your Objects in the Browser.

Carrara doesn't automatically add "New folders" to the browser, since the display of content is relative to a User choice, rather than by file extension type.

There are a few folder you'll need to add to the Objects and Backgrounds folders before you can load in the domes and get them working.

I'll try to figure out which folders, and where you need to add them...

edited December 1969

Hey 3dAge - thanks for the help.
    After directing the installer to the directory with my Carrara 8.5beta executable, I was able to find and add
    C:/Program Files/DAZ3D/C85BETA/Presets/Objects/CloudNineDome (which has the 30 .car files) - and this gives me access to the 30 cloud patterns. These look beautiful, by the way - excellent work Dimension Theory!

There are also supposed to be 30 matching Sky Presets 'designed to work perfectly with the cloud domes' - does anyone know how to access/apply these?

There are 30 .cbr files in
    C:/Program Files/DAZ3D/C85BETA/Presets/Atmosphere/DimensioTZheory/CloudNine - but adding and updating that folder doesn't add anything to the browser, and I can't figure out how to 'apply' the sky presets. Didn't know if these are incorporated automatically?

Thanks for any info.

Also, if anyone has a working link to the ReadMe file I'd be happy to go through that - regular link at end of install not working and couldn't find this product's read me in the new documentation center.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Mosk :)

The other presets (realistic sky's) should be added to the "Misc" tab in your browser,. you need to choose "Atmospheres'" as the content type.

Once the thumbnail images show up, then you can drag 'n' drop them into the Scene / Atmosphere's tab ....Realistic sky.

Hope it helps :)

Cloud_9_RSE.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 242K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the clear explanation, Andy - and thanks for including the images; they often save me many minutes of bumbling around. :)

Have it working now. Off to do some more bumbling . . .