I have a question bout Carrara videos in games.

I'm currently using a product called "RPG Maker" to make a game.  there is a feature that allows me to play a movie, my question is, Am I allow to make a Carrara video cutscene?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited February 2016

I'm currently using a product called "RPG Maker" to make a game.  there is a feature that allows me to play a movie, my question is, Am I allow to make a Carrara video cutscene?

sure can .

to use models you need this -

http://www.daz3d.com/indie-game-developer-license

Post edited by bigh on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,145

Not sure you would need the indie game developer licence to use just cut scene video, I thought that was for if you wanted to use the characters in the actual gameplay. It would be worth asking Daz to confirm.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    PhilW said:

Not sure you would need the indie game developer licence to use just cut scene video, I thought that was for if you wanted to use the characters in the actual gameplay. It would be worth asking Daz to confirm.

no you don't need licence to use cut scene video or renders

• a video is fine or any sort of render as is sprites made from renders used in games also meshes sold for games like at Unity, Unreal etc including the Morph 3D product or Ateria etc are fine

the licensces are required for DAZ 3D store meshes used in 3D games not renders

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591

Yeah, you only need the special game license if you're going to make the characters playable. A cut scene is covered under the base license.

• ok thanks for all the comments, i just didn't want to include a cutscene into a game and get in trouble.

• Also, if you make your own, unique figure/mesh, you can use it however you wish. The game developer license is really about the figure/models that DAZ either creates or distributes.