Goos, slimes, and syrups

I'm working with Carrara 8.5 v8.5.1.19 and have reached my max frustration level.  I'm attempting to find some way to have a viscidly substance, slime, mud, or chocolate syrup running down a DAZ model.  I came across "metaball modeling" while doing the tutorials in the "Learning Carrara 8.5" from Infinite Skills, which works well as a start on making the pile of goo.  But when I import the DAZ model to mold the goo over and down the side of the model, I hit a snag.  I can't find a way to have both the DAZ model and the metaball in the same view and work with the metaball.  Both of them will appear on the Assemble screen, but I can't mold the metaball.  I can mold it in the Model room, but the DAZ model doesn't appear as a guide.

I have also spent a couple of hours going through the DAZ, Renderosity, and Renderotica cataloges for products, but to no avail.

Comments

• yeah pain that, I find the same issue with dynamic hair on a haircap

pity only vertex room has an Ass room option

can try metaball particles that interact

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited February 2016

Currently,. you can only edit vertex models in the Assembly room ,.

Metaball particles can be made to flow and drag like a viscous liquid

they merge together or split apart like liquids but in Carrara,. particles have no volume,. so they don't build up,. EG: filling a glass.

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

What about the Preview Window in the Metaball Modeling Room? In this screen grab I have a vertex cube and a metaball model. In the Metaball Modeling Room I can see both objects in the Preview Window, and manipulating the Metaball tools updates in real time...almost. You can change the view from Director's Camera, to anything, even zoom around using the Director's Camera. Hope that helps and I am not misunderstanding your issue.

preview_window.jpg
    899 x 811 - 63K
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

3DAGE - what a yummy image!!