Carrara Challenge #22: “Wild, Wild West” : Winners announced :)

13»

Comments

• I had the play I was directing which became almost another full time job, and then the show itself, and now I'm putting together a commemorative video of the play for our theatre group, which means cutting together two cameras, and adding some cool animated titles and such. The editing is done, and I haven't even started the animations yet.

Off topic, but the play went beautifully! I made the right choice for my leading lady. She pulled off her role with skill and professionalism. She's been in some other plays with me, so I knew she was pretty good, but this is the best I've seen from her. I don't want to give the impression that she is the next Olivier or anything, but she brought how I saw her character to life, while infusing it with her own ideas and vision.

She had great scenes with another veteran actress of our troupe, who played a supporting character in this one. The way they played one of their scenes together brought to mind Lucy and Ethel style shenanigans, and the scrapes they'd get into on, I Love Lucy. Partly that's the writing (the author wrote a biography of Lucille Ball), but the actresses took what was on the page, added their own little bits to the characterizations and made it come alive.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

sounds superb Evil, will you put the resulting video up on Youtube/vimeo?

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    Ideas are already churning in my head of what will by next month.

Eager for more DAZ $ for content eh :)

• head wax said:

sounds superb Evil, will you put the resulting video up on Youtube/vimeo?

No, but if you ask Wendy nicely, she may let you borrow a copy (once it is done and sent to her).