How do I make custom G9 characters with original morphs?

How do I make custom characters for Genesis 9 with custom morphs?

I want to make characters like Loki and Thor but if I sell them, they won't be Loki and Thor.  Do I need to explain why I can't have them have those names?

also are there any YouTube tutorials that have Genesis 9 from DS to Blender and back again? And how to make morphs in Blender without messing up the mesh?

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,402

Are your 26,000 posts real? Seems strange you would not have picked this up purely by osmosis with that post count.

Do I need to explain why I can't have them have those names?

Someone pedantic is going to chime in that you do need to explain that as norse gods are not copyrighted, but not me.

To answer your questions about daz to blender process:

1. Export G9 dev load at base res (no attachments) as obj (you can export at 100% scale and leave pretty much everything as it is)

2 Import to Blender (you can leave default scale and all default options as they are)

3. Sculpt in Sculpt mode. Dont use brushes that add geometry. Most tools dont add geometry.  You might want to put placeholder G9 eyes in your scene so you know where they are supposed to go.

4. After you finish sculpting, export as obj, and import back into daz via morph loader pro

5. Adjust rigging so it fits your new shape. (you can do this automatically with Edit>Figure>Adjust rigging to shape)

6. Link the rigging change to your new shape (you can do this automatically with ERC Freeze

7. Fix G9 Eyes and G9 Mouth as a separate step

Everything is pretty straight forward except for the part about actually doing the sculpting, which I assume you dont know how to do based on your line of questioning.  If you dont want to sculpt you can just wrap using some wrapping method like faceform, and insert that in place of step 3. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124

Thanks!  Oops!  I forgot that about Norse gods.