Tiny Glade and Daz Studio, a match made in heaven.

OMG! I got the building game Tiny Glade because I wondered how well it would render backgrounds for figures rendered in Daz Studio. I gotta say if you're into faux-poly renders it works great with low poly and faux-poly models. This was just my first experiment but it's already got me thinking of some character designs that might work well with these backgrounds.

tiny glade 02.png
1920 x 1080 - 2M

Comments

• Yes, I saw that yesterday or the day before and thought ti looked delightful - nice to know it will mix with renders if when I succumb to temptation.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560

It's a very cute and calm game, no goals or restrictions. I wish we could build environments as easily in Studio.   ;)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531

I would be so fun iff we could import Daz figures into it and then walk around our constructs in 3rd person view. It's very similar to Townscaper but white the graphics are better it saddly lacks the .obj export function that Townscaper has. It would be amazing to be able to bring these models into Daz for animating.

• I felt exactly the same about Flowscape. There you can 'paint' vegetation, rocks and animals onto a ground surface. You can get ready posed DS figures in as props, though transparency is a problem. I did a fair but with it trying to get decent images (see this thread  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/316051/flowscape-and-daz-studio-so-many-backdrops/p1), but no export. Very frustrating as the rendering quality was not up to Iray standards. They weren/t bad, just not as good as I wanted:

Do you have a link to Townscaper? Sounds as if it could be useful with an export capability.

Regards,

Richard

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

The link to Townscaper on Steam is on:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited September 27

looks cute

another thing you might want to grab while it is still free with Megascan downloads included is Twinmotion from Epic games,

it has animated FBX import too but only bones not vertex so your DAZ figures need to use only bone animation .

(no morph animation or Dforce)

(I cheat and use a foliage material for hair and skirts, capes etc)

Adobe subscribers can use Substance in it too.

Also has SketchFab browsing and import

all going to change I guess with FAB

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560

Townscaper looks interesting, it might be a quick way to make a layout for a town that you could then use as a guide when arranging the buildings we use in Studio. Thank you for sharing that link.

Wendy: Yeah I never bothered getting Twinmotion before, but now is probably a good time. That also might be useful for environmental building if we don't need to worry about figures.

• Having gone through the demo's to Tiny Glade, it does look fantastic. Can it import obj files? Regards, Richard.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

SnowSultan said:

Townscaper looks interesting, it might be a quick way to make a layout for a town that you could then use as a guide when arranging the buildings we use in Studio. Thank you for sharing that link.

Wendy: Yeah I never bothered getting Twinmotion before, but now is probably a good time. That also might be useful for environmental building if we don't need to worry about figures.

it has a datasmith plugin for unreal engine so you actually can export the the terrains and trees etc you use to there along with any content you add, not the included animated people and cars but the animals do export

you also could then export from there to DAZ studio too but there are limitations both in licensing for the foliage, megascans and practical issues with instancing and procedural terrain textures, I can confirm the animals do import into DAZ studio animated as FBX from Unreal but they are not licensed for it and honestly too low poly to for me to really care for them anyway

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696

richardandtracy said:

Having gone through the demo's to Tiny Glade, it does look fantastic. Can it import obj files? Regards, Richard.

I own it and I'm not seeing anything of that kind, I really think it's meant to be a (creative) game and not an environment creation software. It's very very cute though, and quite smart behind the sweet graphics, and people are already creating unbelievable scenes with it. 

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531

I've been having an insane amount of fun with this. It's such a pity I can't load my Lolo Hai figure into it and walk around in 3rd person perspective. The faux-poly style would work perfectly with that character. I guess I'm going to have to create a number of lighting presets for Daz Studio to try and match the lighting of the Tiny Glade renders at different times of day and then composit them. I made a whole walled city in less time than it would take to model a single building in Hexagon.

It's just so darned cute!

2024-09-27 23-09-45.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    2024-09-27 23-26-39.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    2024-09-27 23-16-35.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    2024-09-27 23-23-20.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    2024-09-27 23-23-50.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    2024-09-27 23-24-56.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • Looks really fun. My DS PC is on the blink else I'd be trying it too. Regards, Richard.