install manager broken?

I have been trying to download a couple of freebuies from the store, but DIM seems to be very dim in that it refuses to accept any such files exist? I even tried to change my password, it refused to accept the change.

Comments

• So they are not appearing at all, in any tab?

• I am having a similar issue, all the stuff I bought the last few days is not showing up in Daz.  I like to pick what I want to use and instaqll it right from daz and none of my new stuff shows up

• Are they in your product library page? Is the order showing in your order history, with the right items listed? You may need to open a Sales support ticket.

• In my case I'm having major issues with DIM. Everything worked perfectly until last July came. I noticed DAZ Connect no longer worked. Then I noticed products that I downloaded and installed were no longer showing up in the main library but they did show up in the My DAZ 3D Library. Then DIM started cracking up. I have no problems at all with the downloading. That part works perfectly. But when it installs it went up to 91% and stops. The program would lock itself up. The only way out is to restart the computer. The installation pathway is still correct. Sometimes restarting would finish the install process. Very very time consuming and quite maddening. Cuss words usually follow. Yesterday I read this thread so I thought maybe DIM got fixed. WRONG! Opened DIM up and I ended up with a list of new and old products ready for download. I even had products that I didn't recognize. Shut DIM down and started over. This time I had some product updates. Downloading went perfect but when I pushed the Install button everything immediately locked up. Fortunately the DAZ Studio program works perfectly. No issues there. Except for the GF/M 8.1 population snafu. Anyway these issues could be at my end or DAZ's end. So to answer the thread title I have to say ---- darn right it's broke!

• Question I just thought of. I have all the content on an external hard drive. All 6000+ products. Would it solve anything if I wiped out the hard drive and started over from scratch? Just wondering. Would really suck if I have to.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Cobalt42 said:

Question I just thought of. I have all the content on an external hard drive. All 6000+ products. Would it solve anything if I wiped out the hard drive and started over from scratch? Just wondering. Would really suck if I have to.

What does your content manager looks like in DS if you expand Daz Studio formats?

What installation path do you have in DIM?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918

Cobalt42 Are your products being install onto that external drive? Have you ran a scan on your internal and external drives to be sure they aren't corrupted or going bad? What version of DIM are your using?

• Also, what security software are you using? And what operating system?

• DAZ Install Manager 1.4.1.69 (64 Bit)

LG PC

OS Build 19045.4894

Version 22 H2

Windows 10

External hard drive is a Seagate brand. Friend of mine says it's a nice looking fossil. Suggested I upgrade to a current one. It is a 4 Tb capacity one. He also suggested I upgrade to Windows 11.

Security is Macaffe. Did a scan. No threats found.

Hope this helps.

• Right now DIM is working like it should be. Before I left the WM store I work at I picked up a Seagate Expansion 8 Tb HDD. Install pathway is still the same. DIM must like it because the downloading and installing went smoothly without any issues. My friend said computers and computer stuff are like newlyweds.  One day everything runs smoothly and the next day you're scratching your head wondering what happened.

Shout out to teknomancer 2018. My apologies for hijacking your thread. Title drew me in and my frustration finally boiled over. The assistance is greatly appreciated.