Spruce Trees?

EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,107
edited September 24 in Product Suggestions

Are there any spruce trees available in the Shop or somewhere?

I would like to get the lowest price or, even better, a freebie version.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on

Comments

• The only way I can think of getting a free one is to export a pine tree from the freebie package 'Plant Factory ' that was associated with Vue when made free to download. Can't remember where to find the links at the moment. You may have downloaded it yourself. Regards, Richard.
  • EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,107
    edited September 27

I checked every link and the versions that best suit what I want - Evergreen Fir Trees and Nature Trees Pack 4 - I apparently already have purchased.  I just don't know what I bought over the years since I purchased quite a lot of 3D items since 2017.

However, I thought spruce trees, pine trees and fir trees were different species of trees.

While we're on topic of spruce trees, I would like to know if there are any Black Spruce trees available in the Shop or anywhere on the Internet?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • EightiesIsEnough said:

I checked every link and the versions that best suit what I want - Evergreen Fir Trees and Nature Trees Pack 4 - I apparently already have purchased.  I just don't know what I bought over the years since I purchased quite a lot of 3D items since 2017.

However, I thought spruce trees, pine trees and fir trees were different species of trees.

I think they are, but I think most (or at least a lot) of folk use them interchangeably. Personally I couldn't tell you the difference between one and the next. 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 964
    edited September 27

Yes, spruce, pine and fir trees are different tree genera and if you know what to look for, can be noticeably different if you are familiar with them. But to those unfamiliar with these differences, they can often be mistaken as the same kinds of trees, with some species looking more similar than others.

Post edited by nabob21 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054
    edited September 27

spruces and firs you only really need the tree shape, you could use strandbased hair as the needles as they grow out singly 

the fir is soft, the spruce prickly but otherwise much the same

a Chrismas tree with the decorations hidden could do in a pinch too

https://www.daz3d.com/yuletide-treasure-tree-2011

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on