Can anyone tell me what product these shorts are from?

Can anyone tell me what product these shorts are from? Thie third and sixth promo pics from:

https://www.daz3d.com/noki-ertia-hd-for-genesis-9

I love the cuttoff fringe on the shorts and hardly any product has that. I wish I had a slider to make it longer or shorter, that'd be the dream product.

Screenshot 2024-09-20 112017.png
557 x 806 - 656K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262
    Do you know VAM?...
  • BanyanBanyan Posts: 26

crosswind said:

Do you know VAM?...

Sorry, not sure what you are referring to.

Banyan said:

crosswind said:

Do you know VAM?...

Sorry, not sure what you are referring to.

VAM... aka Virt-A-Mate. If you Google virt a mate, you'll find its hub site, then search by: Shorts_MW, you'll get it ...

SNAG-2024-9-21-035.png
    905 x 833 - 861K
  • gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 196

Cool shorts, and they look really well made.

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 196
    edited September 21

Thanks for that clarification! I'm pretty much staying with assets that are native to DAZ.  The OP might have more advanced skills than mine, and might find this source useful.

Post edited by gfdamron1 on

There're a couple of plugins in VAM that can export Looks (characters) as well as Wearables from VAM, convert / tweak them a bit with another add-on in Blender, then they can be used in DS (rigged with Transfer Utility and imported as Morphs, yada yada ~)... the character in the above link that OP posted is apparently a converted Look from VAM ~~

edited September 21

More work than I want to put into it, but thanks. I just want a pair of cutoff shorts with some fringe on them that I can control the length of (the fringe, not the shorts. well, that too I guess) with a slider. Ah well, maybe someday.

Post edited by Banyan on
    edited September 21

Banyan said:

More work than I want to put into it, but thanks. I just want a pair of cutoff shorts with some fringe on them that I can control the length of (the fringe, not the shorts. well, that too I guess) with a slider. Ah well, maybe someday.

I'm a denim / jean pants and shorts lover... so maybe you can check this one ~ https://www.daz3d.com/ripped-shorts-for-genesis-9 (a pretty nice shorts and with big discount now)

There're morphs to control the length and separation of the fringes... though the shorts are too short haha ~ but if you know Blender / Hexagon or just MeshGrabber, you can easily lengthen the shorts to some extent. (I just roughly lengthened it with MG in ss3)

Edit: If using them on non G9 character, auto-fitting will do but you have to manually re-assign that Button with rigid follow node... still pretty easy.

SNAG-2024-9-21-002.png
    2560 x 1392 - 2M
    SNAG-2024-9-21-003.png
    2560 x 1392 - 2M
    SNAG-2024-9-21-006.png
    2560 x 1392 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on

Yeah I have those, and they're okay I guess. But as you say, they're too short. I want that length-controllable fringe on less cheeky (but still kind of...) shorts without having to Macguyver it out. Somebody, take my money please.

• Would OOT's G8F MegaWardrobe jeans work for you? The jeans have 4 different lengths, the shortest with a fringe. https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-mega-wardrobe. HTH, Richard.

Yeah that might be my best current option.