Why doesn't Visible in Render = OFF work on LowPi bones?

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
edited September 8 in The Commons

On Genesis 9 (and earlier) characters, I can select a bone (like Pelvis) in the Scene pane and set Visible in Render to Off. Then when I render the scene, that Genesis 9 body part is not rendered. This is handy for preventing some pokethrough in a render. With the LowPi character, Visible in Render Off does not work; that body part is still rendered. I see that the LowPi character does not have any Regions defined. Is that why Visible in Render doesn't work? If so, can you give me any pointers on how to assign regions so I can fix my LowPi character?

Why doesn't Visible in Render OFF work on Low Pi bones.jpg
2000 x 1500 - 799K
Screenshot 2024-09-08 013329.jpg
572 x 900 - 79K
Screenshot 2024-09-08 013752.jpg
1641 x 1348 - 200K
Post edited by barbult on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

If you click the eye next to one of LowPi's bones, does it disappear in the viewport?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945

Gordig said:

If you click the eye next to one of LowPi's bones, does it disappear in the viewport?

Yes it does disappear. The overall Visible parameter works as expected.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

Interesting. Is the region still visible in the render if you hide the bone that way?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945
    edited September 8

Gordig said:

Interesting. Is the region still visible in the render if you hide the bone that way?

No, if I turn off the overall visibility, the area is not rendered. However, I don't want it invisible, because I want it Visible in Simulation. Normally (like G9) I could turn off Visible in Render and leave Visible in Simulation on, and it would work correctly. With LowPi, it still gets rendered even though I have Visible in Render Off.

I think is a LowPi problem, not a Daz Studio problem.

Post edited by barbult on