Aligning UV points

I have unwrapped my object. I would like to be able to select a group of edges/vertices and straighten them out. I would also like to evenly spread them out. Can I do these things in Carrara?

Comments

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited January 2016

Nope, there is no easy way to straighten edges because you cannot use universal manipulator in UV space, which is just plain silly, I requested this many years ago, but, that is not in focus of the developers, as long as pretty much no one complains about it it will never be implemented sad

You can use the Scale tool (right mouse click) on a loop selecion but it's far from being a precise tool ...

Most modelers including Carrara do not have ability to spread vertices evenly or in circle be that in modeling or UV space, Lightwave modeler has plugins for it and that's all I know, I guess you gonna end up with lots of manual labor here.

It looks like grid density in UV space cannot be changed, so snap to grid won't be as helpful as it could be smiley

Post edited by FifthElement on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Unwrap can (and often does) produce a rather messy UV. You can use seams and pins to improve it, although that often takes quite a but of trial and error messing about. But there's nothing really that will "make my UVs neat, staight and in proportion". It's one of Carrara's big let down areas IMHO. As 5thElement said, it's really a matter of manually pushing stuff around with the few tools we have (translate, rotate, scale) until it gets close or you run screaming from the room.