Isla Bikini pressure morph glitch, need help to fix

tyra_oeildelouptyra_oeildeloup Posts: 311
edited September 3 in The Commons

Hello 

So lately I bought the Isla Bikini bundle.

The weird thing is that the full outfit (that has pressure morphs included) or use the said pressure morphs, something happens to the face, some weird morph being applied that touches the ears and eyebrow arches, and probably more of the face. It happens on Isla character, on custom character AND on base G8F. 

I would just like to fix the problem, could someone help me by telling me what I should be looking for ? Pics on base G8F attached (before and after morphs) 

Capture d’écran (93).png
1920 x 1080 - 729K
Capture d’écran (94).png
1920 x 1080 - 748K
Post edited by tyra_oeildeloup on

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,140

The readme said that some fixes were deployed to prevent the pressure morphs from affecting part of the body they should not affect.

• 2021-09-21 - Resolved issues with bikini pressure morphs causing deformation in the teeth.

• 2023-03-03 - Morphs Deforming Head, Fixed.

If you have the last version, maybe some problems are still to be fixed (I don't have the product).

The pressure morphs are using HD morphs and as a user, we don't have tools to import / modify them.

The best way to fix these problem is to open a ticket with Daz and wait for Daz / the PA to fix them then push an update.

https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,523

If the fixes ever were deployed, they don't work. I've just loaded this up, freshly downloaded and installed from DIM, and the morphs are indeed messing up the entire figure.

Unfortunately, as these are HD morphs, they can't be fixed by the end user, and you will have to put in a ticket as Elor says.

• Thanks for the answers ! 

• NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 160

@tyra_oeildeloup, there is a way to fix this yourself but the steps are pretty advanced.  

I'm running off the newest version of DAZ Studio 4.22 Pro.  

1.  Load the Genesis 8 Female base and the offending morph to 100%.  Also select the little heart in the morph to favourite it (this is important for later).  

2.  Click on the Geometry Editing Tool icon to activate it (pen in front of a grid) or select it under tools/geometry editor.

3.  The goal is to select the head and ears in your case to remove the morph from those sections.  There are a bunch of ways to do this, but here's the easiest.  In polygon selection mode, under regions add the head, face, ears and eyes to your selection.  Most of the head should now be yellow/orange highlighted.

4.  Mouse over the selection and right click.  From the popup menu select "Geometry Selection/Convert Selection/Convert to Vertex Selection".  The previously selected regions will now show as selected vertices instead of faces.  Only these should be highlighted.  You are also now in vertex selection mode by default.  

5.  Now right click again and select from the popup menu "Morph Editing/Clear Selected Deltas from Favorites".  This step will remove the morph (even HD morphs) from those vertices that were selected and favorited.  

6.  The finally step would normally be to save out the morph by overighting it, but since this is an HD morph, unless you are a PA you can't do that (but you can for Standard morphs.  You could also save it out as a new morph and only use that morph instead, but not for HD I'm afraid. 

At least you can render the scene without issues, but your progress will be erased the next time you load G8F or a character unless the changes have been saved using "Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset(s)".  This can get comples.  I don't know which morph also has your issue, probably the body morph... so will have to investigate that.  As others have said, the best solution is to file a ticket again and see if tech support can help you or inform the PA.  It may be that the update wasn't properly activated somewhere along the way and somebody should be able to track it down and fix it.  Best of luck and hopefully this process may help you if you wanted to manually edit morphs yourself in the future.  

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,523

@NewGuy Unfortunately, my testing showed that the problem is by no means limited to the head and shoulders. The SD components of the pressure morphs here affect all over the figure, each influencing approximately 11,500 of G8F's ~16,500 vertices - hands, elbows, thighs, feet, ears, shoulders, everywhere.

Cleanly masking it back to the areas each should affect is a task I wouldn't want, and I'm definitely an advanced level user.

This is really something that needs to be fixed by the original PA.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881

Another issue I see is that the Vacation mat  #15 only applies to the top.  Something QA should have caught, takes 2 minutes to test them all.

• NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 160

Matt_Castle said:

@NewGuy Unfortunately, my testing showed that the problem is by no means limited to the head and shoulders. The SD components of the pressure morphs here affect all over the figure, each influencing approximately 11,500 of G8F's ~16,500 vertices - hands, elbows, thighs, feet, ears, shoulders, everywhere.

Cleanly masking it back to the areas each should affect is a task I wouldn't want, and I'm definitely an advanced level user.

This is really something that needs to be fixed by the original PA.

You're correct.  That is something that would be considerably time consuming and since the "fixed" morph can't be saved by the user, it's best to hope that the PA will be able to fix it or if it was fixed the update can be properly uploaded for users.  Best to fill out a ticket! 

• Thanks for all the help again. I sent a ticket. This is a shame because this product is quite pretty aside from that, as Jessaii's products usually are. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262
    edited September 3

For this case, as a user, one may only use a dFormer with well-painted smoothed weight + MLP with Attenuate By option to fix it to some extent. It'll still take some time ... and no HD for sure (in normal way...).

Let's wait for the vendor's fix.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • This one drove me nuts for quite some time... I could not figure out why some of my figures were suddenly going bald, with the hair skull caps not fitting their heads the way they were supposed to. It was those darn bikini morphs!

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262

Yea ~~ and I'm not sure if we may still have chance to get vendors' fix... as the vendors' latest product was dated June, 2022 ...

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

You can dial out the morphs on G8F and the Isla bikini parts. It will fit like any other bikini before micropressure morphs became popular.