Auto-fit hair in 4.5

Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm not crazy, right? The auto-fit tool also handles hair (given the right gen 3 shape package are installed)? Well, when I load a number of different hair files I'm not prompted with the auto-fit dialogue/menu. Right clicking doesn't reveal an auto-fit option, and when I do it manually the hair usually stays where it is. The only hair I have tested that does fit via the manual method are Pyrit and Zac. Those that didn't fit include Goya, Kleo, and Osean.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this some strange 4.5 bug?

I know in many cases it is better to fit the hair using the adjustment tools and morphs, but sometimes you just want an easy fit. I was about to buy an old V4 hair product as there are few Genesis products (hair at least) that I’m fond of, but now I don’t think it such a good idea.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Autofit option usually pops up for me, but in some of the older hair models, it doesn't. Just go to the Parameters tab and use the 'Fit to' option and that will bring up the Autofit dialogue.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Those are prop hair, not conforming hair. Autofit only applies for conforming items.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Ah, of course. Thanks mike ;) That makes sense. Thanks guys :)