why so hard to save as a character preset in daz 4.5

vic34677vic34677 Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

ok i got a few models that i like reuse over and over again. i never had a problem with saving a model as a preset in the past but now in daz 4.5 i got to go though hoops to save a person. turns my daz time from a good fun 15 min after work relax time to a hour or so before i get angry and turn it off.

so ok i save them as a triax model(ok) and then try you save time and it tells me that " you must save figure support assets before you can save as a preset" .....what ? i just want to reapply the model i made to a blank vicky 4! daz don't go the way of poser and make it to hard to do anything. please. if some one can help im or explain what that means let me know thanx

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited September 2012

my base figure is genesis, and I do not use often other figure , in ds 4.5,

but If you want to save character preset for 4th 3rd generation figure,

you can save top menu>File save as deplicated> character preset(ds*)

I think,,,

I hope it can some help of you,, I want to say again daz should make good official manual,
    and combined installer for ds 4.5 when they update ds.

first most important thing is , show clearly how to save with so many option,, I think.
    (even though we can ask forum,, I think it is problem there is no way to just find simple answer)

and one more thing,,
    about 4.5

if you want just save V4 with morph pose,material,
    you can save as duf scene subset. though it is not preset, and you can not apply it to v4
    in another scene . but you can just merge it as one of assets in the scene.
    top menu>save as scene subset.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,899
    edited December 1969

THe easiest method to save a figure as is, is to save them as a scene just by them selves.

• vic34677vic34677 Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    THe easiest method to save a figure as is, is to save them as a scene just by them selves.

i want to save it so i can apply it to different vicky's . like misty's from pesiden tech , vicky -wwg or xm's perfect vicky . not tjust the standard daz vicky4.2 . i don't use genesis i don'tt like the way the ceature creator works on that figure or the how the chin looks it you add aiko4 . so until there i figure it out im still use vicky 4.2