Odd hair problem

Ok I bought a dynamic hair style (Side long by PhilW) and it renders fine on the V4 I added it to.  However due to the pose I had to style the hair a little bit to fix the hair so it was no longer coming out of her airmpit. I used push and brush tools, and a little cut on two guide hairs in back.  However now when I try a render it is SLOW, to the point of hours, before it was done in under 3 minutes.  The hair style changes are the only changes I did.

Also one other add aspect, I see lines zig-zaging around randomly the same color as the hair after the style changes (roughly 5) anyone else ever see this?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087

Sounds like it got pushed too far and the collision distance was high and the bounce on V4 and whatever clothes she was wearing.

the guide hairs are just that, actual hairs number many more and some you did not see when styling are the culprits. Those are the zig zagging hairs you see.

you can move along the strands using the slider on the first tab to which segments you want and pull those with the translate tool rather than the ends and brushing, it is often less radical in changing the style causing less flyaways, also draping tends to make things go a bit more awry than styling.

the curl tool is a very unpredictable thing if you accidently selected that too.

if it is animated in any way it will be much slower as it calculates the hairs, you may need to use the convert tab.

Phil may be able to suggest more as it is his hair, it may have hidden collision meshes too.

• Sounds like it got pushed too far and the collision distance was high and the bounce on V4 and whatever clothes she was wearing.

the guide hairs are just that, actual hairs number many more and some you did not see when styling are the culprits. Those are the zig zagging hairs you see.

you can move along the strands using the slider on the first tab to which segments you want and pull those with the translate tool rather than the ends and brushing, it is often less radical in changing the style causing less flyaways, also draping tends to make things go a bit more awry than styling.

the curl tool is a very unpredictable thing if you accidently selected that too.

if it is animated in any way it will be much slower as it calculates the hairs, you may need to use the convert tab.

Phil may be able to suggest more as it is his hair, it may have hidden collision meshes too.

Push was used once at 0.01ft
    collision under dynamics is at 0.10 is that too high?

It is not animated only a static render.
    I know I didn't use smooth or anything else other than push once, brush twice then cutting the two guide hairs in back.
    Hmmm I tried with collision off and same result.  Also I tried with the model without clothes, no difference.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087

Unfortunately since I do not have that particular hair I cannot test what could be happening.

• Of course.  Thank you for your help regardless though, at least I have a idea what could be happening.  Before I was wondering if it could have been a bad bug I encountered.