Changing an object's name in the scene tab (not the label)

Ok, so, I have several cameras in a scene and the names don't match the labels so I am getting a mismatch error when I try to create a new camera. Now.. I know I can simply cahange the label in the scene tab by clicking on the displayed name and editing it. (It's confusing, but it seems the label is the title that appears in the scene tab identifying the object) but I want to change the name of the camera to match the label...any easy way to do it? or should I just change the labels to hopefully match the names? I can't even see where to find the names...

Comments

• AFAIK, once a camera(or other item) is loaded into DS you can't change the 'name' only the label.

The only way I'm aware of would be to replace the cameras that you want to match, by selecting them in the scene tab, then using the 'copy selected item' option in the Create New Camera dialogue.

You can name and label them whatever you want, it's just that the numbers have to match in the label and name boxes, and not match with an existing camera.

• Sigh... that's what I was afraid of. Ty, DrunkMonkey.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited July 6

You can change the camera's name... via Edit - Object - Scene Identification - Node Name. Better place this action to a Toolbar for quick access.

SNAG-2024-7-6-078.png
    2560 x 1392 - 498K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • Crosswind for the win!!!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

The Joint Editor right-click menu also has a command to rename the current node - just be aware that renaming is, unlike relabelling, unsafe as far as having presets work goes.

• Ty for the warning, Richard