Out Of Touch hair assets no longer rendering

I use a lot of OOT hair assets. After cleaning up some assets I no longer used (did not remove any OOT assets) anything I try to render, or show NVIDA Iray onscreen, just goes to blank, or black screen. Any ideas? I have tried reinstalling some individual OOT hair assets to see if that would fix it, but even in a fresh scene using only the reinstalled asset - no good. 

I hope I haven't just permanently cut my self off from the majority of the hair I use. 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,212

Is it all OOT hairs, and if only some give an example.

And which version of Daz Studio are you using?

• bpfrocketbpfrocket Posts: 36

Yes, it's all my OOT hair assets. I have Daz version 4.22.0.16

I have even opened a new project, imported just the hair and tried to set the screen to the NVIDIA Iray option. It just sits there with the yellow "progress" bar continually running

Screenshot 2024-07-04 141938.png
    840 x 341 - 36K
  • Are these updated versions of OOT hair?

Are there any errors in the log?

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

Are these updated versions of OOT hair?

Are there any errors in the log?

Probably not, I haven't done anything since installing them a long while back. 

How do I check the error log? I've honestly never had to do that surprise 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,557

Help>Trouboleshooting>View Log File.

• bpfrocket said:

Probably not, I haven't done anything since installing them a long while back. 

How do I check the error log? I've honestly never had to do that surprise 

While it might not be related,as it causes a full crash, try loading one of the oot hairs causing the problem and remove the texture map in the Transmitted Color channel from all the surfaces.

Ok, first of all - thank you for your replies. So far nothing has worked.

- redownloaded "Linda Ponytail" since I use that a lot. Installed it. No change.

- Log file showed nothing on any issues with the hair but did help me solve a problem I was getting with a "duplicate data found" (or something) error that ive been getting for a long time and I fixed that! yes

- removed texture map from Transmitted Color and no change. 

Going to go through all my OOT assets just to be sure. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,316

Have you ever installed OOT hair product via Daz Connect ? or installed multiple copies of the OOT hair products to different Daz Libraries ? If there's any old OOT Hairblending Hair.dsf file in your Daz Connect or other Libraries loaded with 1st priority, the latest OOT Hairblending Hair.dsf that you updated is never gonna work.

Go to: data\outoftouch\OOT Hairblending 2\OOT Hairblending 2 Hair\ folder in each of your Daz Libraries including Daz Connect directory, check if there's a file : OOT Hairblending Hair.dsf Open it with Notepad++, if you find the line 4 is as same as the screenshot attached, it's the latest corrected blending shader...

Besides, starting from G9, OOT's tranmapped hair shader is upgraded to 3.0 (the above used to have issues i 2.0), so you may try with more latest OOT G9's transmapped hairs (not strand-based hairs!), there should be no problem.

SNAG-2024-7-5-065.png
    1336 x 393 - 28K
  • eric suscheric susch Posts: 133

You should also check to make sure you are running the latest nvidia driver.  If you've updated DAZ Studio it may be looking for a newer version of Iray.

There was a new driver from just last month. I installed it, rebooted my computer and.....Daz is completely FUBAR. See attached

when I tried to load something, Daz crashed. I'm going to reboot my computer again and see what happens. 

Screenshot 2024-07-05 090710.png
    1914 x 995 - 104K
    Screenshot 2024-07-05 090539.png
    1873 x 1054 - 40K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,212

That means you have updated Daz Studio while it was still running in the background.

Uninstall Daz Studio and reinstall it.

felis said:

That means you have updated Daz Studio while it was still running in the background.

Uninstall Daz Studio and reinstall it.

I don't find it in the Uninstall Program in the Windows Control Panel, nor do I see a way to uninstall it in Daz Install Manager.  Do I uninstall/reinstall Install Manager?

Thanks

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,785

If you installed Daz Studio via DIM then it should be there in the installed tab and you can then uninstall it and re-install it from there. Don't uninstal DIM as that will not help at all.

Ok, this whole thing is driving me crazy. When I posted earlier - Daz Studio not showing up under any tab on Install Manager. Checked just now, not there. Reopened IM and there it is under the "ready to download" tab. WTF?

Installed. Regular screens are back.

STILL won't render OOT hair assets. I checked the OOT hairblending Hair.dsf and it looks like your example. I have updated NVIDIA drivers

If so... pls attach you full DS log... DS - Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File.

Save it as a TXT file and attach it in your post.

• edited July 6

crosswind said:

If so... pls attach you full DS log... DS - Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File.

Save it as a TXT file and attach it in your post.

C:\users\[username]\appdata\roaming\Daz 3D\Studio 4

It's already in txt format.

Post edited by DrunkMonkeyProductions on

here is the log file. 

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M

I myself saw no weird things from the latest several previewing / rendering in your DS log...

It's odd but what I can only suggest now is that: you may try using DDU (https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-DDU-) to clean all Nvidia driver and resisuals, then re-install the latest Nivida Studio Driver. Then try again.

• JeffGJeffG Posts: 119

Same here.