Is the iOS orange banner problem ever getting fixed?

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,039
edited June 29 in The Commons

When the forums recently experimented with advertisements, something got screwed up for both iOS and iPadOS... Safari is completely screwed up and the banner is only visible as an orange blur as a sub forum page loads (like the Commons or Art Studio)... it's like a nanosecond if you are paying attention...  otherwise it's hidden behind the blue and black header bars... It's almost impossible to get it to drag down as it immediately shoots back up (I'm not exaggerating) before you can read it. It's a little easier in Chrome and Firefox, as you can drag it down and hold it in place long enough to read it, but it's totally hidden in all browsers on all Apple mobile devices... I've checked on a friend's phone and all my family members' Apple devices... I can't imagine I'm the only not seeing the orange banners on iOS.

This is what Safari on iPhone looks like... (I can't even drag the banner down momentarily)

See... no banner... This is Safari on iPad (you can swipe it down for a nanosecond if you try really hard... I was only able to screen capture a glimpse of it... otherwise it's completely hidden)

This is it dragged down in Firefox on iPad... (you can drag it down and hold it in place, but if you let go it goes right back up into obscurity)

In all cases and all the popular iOS browsers, it looks like the first image when the page loads, with the orange banner hidden behind the top blue and black headers... so like if someone gets a cool orange banner notification, they aren't going to see it, which defeats the purpose and probably is costing PAs some sales...

Post edited by McGyver on

Comments

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,622
    It's no better on my Pixel phone with Chrome.
    Screenshot_20240629-235321.png
    1440 x 3120 - 511K
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,384
    edited June 30

I have the same problem on my iPad Air and iPhone, but only in the forums and on the homepage of the galleries, where I see only a narrow orange stripe. From the store and from Daz AI I can see the orange banner and have easy access to it.

IMG_2762.jpeg
    2216 x 1012 - 862K
    Post edited by caravelle on