Can't Remember a Day When There Were No New Releases

RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 163

Just seems odd...

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,794

especially on a Friday

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,523

Nah, it's happened several times in the six or so years I've been doing this; if anything, it's been more often recently (and indeed, often as part of a "catch-up sale").

I'd say a fair few times this year already - possibly related to quite how bogged down Daz's testing team reportedly are of late. (Lots of new vendors to bring up to speed on Daz's product standards, I guess).

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,999
    Didn't they do this on Friday like two weeks ago? It's been very recent, and it's when they've done these Friday to start the catch up weekend sales.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

That's definitely not the first time there was no new releases on a catchup day for a big sale.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 331

Quick! Someone render a falling sky! :D

Maybe they are preparing for some special thing over weekend who knows.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

No - no. We get a 3 day catchup sale maybe extended to Monday devil

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,618

I don't know how long the new releases every day has been going on. I remember that a long time ago there were usually no new releases on Saturday or Sunday and often only in the early part of the week.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,868

I remember when new releases were once a week.............................I am old

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749

I can certainly remember the old days when daily releases were not the norm,  and I can remember the PA Summit 2014 in Park City Utah, when I suggested making releases a daily occurence to give customers a reason to check the site more regularly.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,175

A sale that doesn't change should be less likely to break the site over the weekend.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920

RawArt said:

I remember when new releases were once a week.............................I am old

Me too. Also, when discounts were not any higher than 30% (most of the time) unless it was the PA sale.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,644

frank0314 said:

RawArt said:

Me too. Also, when discounts were not any higher than 30% (most of the time) unless it was the PA sale.

And I also remember some really amazing sales and give-aways under the original founders. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696
    edited June 30

I don't mind if the new releases carousel slows down a little, it's crazy to throw out new stuff every literal day. Will maybe help with the quality as well. But I'm really really disappointed that the sale just stays the absolute same - no new deals, incentives, interesting ways to play around with carts. That does bug me a lot. Was hoping for a fun sunday morning playing here ... indecision Edit: No, it's not the same, much more is on sale, looking way better than yesterday!

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

Maybe they are saving it up for a big July 4 extravaganza. Or not. What do I know.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749

tsroemi said:

[snip].. indecision Edit: No, it's not the same, much more is on sale, looking way better than yesterday!

Does look to be the end of month sale day.