Adjusting or removing an Iray material on an outfit.

I hope this is in the right area, as I've been trying to figure this out and I'm having trouble trying to search out what I'm trying to do since including the product in the search result just brings up the product. So let me just explain what I'm trying to do.

So, I recently bought this product from the shop: dForce Time For School for Genesis 8 Females | Daz 3D
My goal was to use this for a project that I'm working on however, I've come to a bit of a snag.  The 'crest' or 'badge' as the material is called in DazStudio is where the issue comes from.  See, the item comes with a few options for the crest as separate materials (from the jacket color itself) and they only show up when I have "Nvidia Iray" view on.  The issue is that none of the options for crests it comes with fits the school that they're for.  I'd more prefer to just remove the crest/badge entirely, but I'm also fine with making a custom crest for it instead.  Sadly, I can't seem to find an option to remove it (and I'm also new in general to Daz Studios) as the options only really show up when I select the blazer itself and go to the materials tab in the smart content.

So I'm asking if anyone is able to help me with this.  Rather to remove the crest entirely (assuming there's still some kind of material under it) or a way to make my own for it.

Comments

• It's in the Overlay channel of the BL_upper surface.

Set the overlay weight to 0 and remove the material and it'll disappear.

If you want to make your own, you can use the Blazer_badge textures as a template.

• JC-KaneJC-Kane Posts: 4

Ok thanks.  Though for future use, how do I use the Blazer_Badge texture as a template?  Like, where do I access it and how would I save it as a new texture?  (Since I have a few other items that I'd like to adjust the texture of.  Like the wrestling ring that I have.)

• JC-Kane said:

Ok thanks.  Though for future use, how do I use the Blazer_Badge texture as a template?  Like, where do I access it and how would I save it as a new texture?  (Since I have a few other items that I'd like to adjust the texture of.  Like the wrestling ring that I have.)

It's in the runtime folder. runtime\textures\Dogz\Time for School G8F

To find the location of a texture in a particular channel, click on the texture box, and a menu will come up, select 'browse' and it'll take you to the directory of the texture.

Copy the address from the popup and paste that into a regular windows explorer address bar.