How do you select all children from nodelist in Canvas

ShadowzShadowz Posts: 45

How can I quickly select the parent node plus everything under it from the nodelist when using canvas? Please don't tell me I have to individually select all parts. I'm rendering a vehicle but it has like 30-40 children parts.

I attached a pic to show. I tried ctrl clicking the check bar but it still doesnt select all of it.

image_2024-06-28_141616914.png
313 x 355 - 24K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,362
    edited June 28

In the "hambergur menu" in the upper right corner, or in RBM-click menu... you can batch check / uncheck the items, with selected or unselected. It has no function of "select all children" but better than nothing...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 542

I usually select the items I want for a canvas in the normal scene tab (where you have more selection functions, like select children and more). After the selection is done for creating the nodes for the canvas I use Create from selection...
    This does not really help when you need to modify an existion Node List, but sometimes I delete the existing one and just recreate it with the aforementioned method.

CreateFromSelection.png
    636 x 217 - 18K
  • ShadowzShadowz Posts: 45

markusmatern said:

I usually select the items I want for a canvas in the normal scene tab (where you have more selection functions, like select children and more). After the selection is done for creating the nodes for the canvas I use Create from selection...
    This does not really help when you need to modify an existion Node List, but sometimes I delete the existing one and just recreate it with the aforementioned method.

Ah I see, thanks for that. Kind of a minor inconvenience but that works I guess, Cheers