Any way to get these to merge/render?

hello,

I have tried for an hour a few days ago and trying to get the tress to show/render porperly in Daz. The file is a Blender .dae file. This is the file i transfered over from Blender to Daz. The first image is from the orginal file i got when i purchased it and used the .dae file and it showed that error and its all kinds of messed up. The third image is from  the newest file the creator sent.

Things I have tried are; moving the texture from the file to the trees and it gives me an error, I have messed around with the surface on the trees and i cant seem ti figure out what is wrong or pin-point it. I've added the maps from the file onto it and nothing. If there's a way to get it to work, I would appreciate it. I posted this problem in a few places with no answers.

I would user Blender but it seems the models I used and the morphs used they either crash Daz or they wouldn't transfer properly.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 035155.png
980 x 1071 - 100K
yt169wazi88d1.jpeg
2048 x 2048 - 1M
House render.jpg
2048 x 2048 - 1M

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,506

It looks like there's no opacity map on the leaves. Is there a texture labeled "opacity", "OP", "alpha", anything like that?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,321
    edited June 26

You better directly export with OBJ format other than a DAE. And if you want to use FBX format, you better use an add-on of Blender: Better FBX Import / Export, and also use the latest DS Public Build, otherwise you won't get the correct result.

As for the texture maps, as Godig mentioned, you have to check them one by one.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • ProtegeArtsProtegeArts Posts: 47

Gordig said:

It looks like there's no opacity map on the leaves. Is there a texture labeled "opacity", "OP", "alpha", anything like that?

No. Is there suppose to be?

Screenshot 2024-06-26 131641.png
    1358 x 676 - 293K
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 131610.png
    1354 x 675 - 65K

crosswind said:

You better directly export with OBJ format other than a DAE. And if you want to use FBX format, you better use an add-on of Blender: Better FBX Import / Export, and also use the latest DS Public Build, otherwise you won't get the correct result.

I posted picture a few Screenshots from Daz with the files. First image is from Blender(4.1) second image is Daz using the .obj file(4.22). That's the result without touching anything and how it imported. The images i upload on my post had  the .dae file, without touching anything(expect messing with the tree surface properties)

Screenshot 2024-06-26 130325.png
    1919 x 1079 - 2M
    OBJ Render.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 450K

crosswind said:

update 1; more of a edit, just adding a screenshot as to why i didnt use the .obj file. I can't edit the file or change textures 

Screenshot 2024-06-26 132654.png
    1950 x 1030 - 446K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,321

I saw the vendor provided OBJ + MTL files in the product folder as your screenshot shows. You may also try with them.

But if you've already unpacked the resources and find the folder of texture maps, you better check if the paths are correctly defined in vendor's mtl file. And when you export to OBJ, you also need to check the option of Export Materials, then at least diffuse maps would be seen.

DAE format must've already merged the materials, so that's why you can see the textures on them.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,506

ProtegeArts said:

Gordig said:

No. Is there suppose to be?

3D leaves are typically cards with an opacity map, so if the opacity map is missing, you'll just see a bunch of rectangles, like in your screenshots. The question I was originally going to ask is whether the leaves use Blender geometry nodes. Someone like Crosswind who's more experienced in Blender could answer how well nodes translate outside of Blender.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588
    edited June 28

If there is no seperate Alpha map then it may be 'extracting' the alpha information from the diffuse file. I think it's possible to do the same in ShaderMixer from a PNG file.

Post edited by prixat on
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 540
    edited June 28

Iray is really bad in using an embedded alpha channel of PNG files (or any other file format for that matter). You maybe can extract the alpha channel of the leaves texture using an image processing application. Like Gimp, AffinityPhoto, ImageMagick etc.

If you have ImageMagick installed you can use the following batch command to extract the mask:
    magick convert "fileWithAlphaEmbedded.png" -set colorspace RGB -alpha extract "mask.png"

You now can put the mask file into the opacity channel of the shader.

Post edited by markusmatern on