child nodes inheriting shape modifications from parented source

When parenting a figure or object to another parent the figure will parent in place but in some case become completely distorted and even when setting parameters to default or resetting the the defaults to the child it's still distorted. the only fix I have is to parent in place, then un parent. I've tried using a null but it gives the same distorted results. is there a process for this?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037

Scale is inherited, if it isn't fitted that should be about it.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

lost in translation or not useful context:

"if it isn't fitted that shoud be about it."

What does that mean?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,037

Idf something is just parented it wwill scale with its parent and follow the node it is parented to, but shouldn't do anything else. If it is fitted (like clothing) then it will pick up a lot more from the figure it is fitted to. Fitting  a figure to a different figure, without AutoFitting, is likely to produce tortured results as it tries to follow the rig without actually matching it.

I tried using an asset parented to a null, then parent the null, then change the x,y,z scale's that studio changes back to 100% but that didn't work. Outside of parenting and unparenting each time I need to render is there another way to do this? thanks.

I tried using an asset parented to a null, then parent the null, then change the x,y,z scale's that studio changes back to 100% but that didn't work. Outside of parenting and unparenting each time I need to render is there another way to do this? thanks.