Vram of all figures

Was curious if there's a forum covering all poser/daz figures for vram size. If someone could link or has how much each figure chews up? Looking for v1? And up. Someone on another pointed out using really old figures as background figs to save on vram, waiting on the lowpi to go on a better sale -_-

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447

It probably isn't possible to be precise - it would depend on whether other items in the scene used some of the same assets, on which materials were used and whether they had been adjusted, on the render settings, and to an extent on the actual hardware and driver.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

A fully operational G8F takes 12MB's of VRAM with hair and clothing if optimisation is taken far enough.
    Usually a G8F with clothing and hair takes between 600MB's and 1.6GB's of VRAM, depending on the clothing and hair selected, selected SubD, the size (dimension) of the textures/maps and the compression setting for Iray.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

I have looked into vram use a lot in the past.  The promos on this product of mine have a lot of info about vram use - https://www.daz3d.com/resource-saver-shaders-collection-for-iray - the only thing not on there concerning textures is the bit depth which is anywhere from 8 to 64bit normally.  This adds to vram use as well

• lkopop908lkopop908 Posts: 27
    Sweet, already have that just need to read up and use :)
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

lkopop908 said:

Sweet, already have that just need to read up and use :)

I posted it mainly for the info, but Im glad you have bought it.  I have a total of 7 of those RRSC sets in my store that you may find useful (and overlap in function)