dForce clothing, dForce Modifier Weight Node, and poke-thru

Attached is a very quick test render. Just seeing if there would be Poke Thru.. and sure 'nough.. it's there.
The particulars:
The model is Rebekah for Victoria 8. (one of my very favorite models)
The Sweater outfit is the "FG Modern Style Top" (Which is both sweater and bra together)

When I look under the sweater entry in the scene window, it says "dForce Modifier Weight Node".

I am seeing a lot of poke through on my outfits, especially where multiple clothing layers are involved.

I am going to be digging and searching through other "poke through" and weight modified articles. But in the meantime, can somebody explain what is happening and why?

And what steps I can take to correct this?  And not just for this particular example, but in general overall terms as well? So when I run into this issue again.. and I know I will, I have some basic tools to fix it....

Thanks in advance.

(Now off to mow lawn while the sun is shining)

Beverly019.png
1920 x 1080 - 3M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,903
    edited June 23

I don't have the outfit https: https://www.daz3d.com/fg-modern-style-clothing

Is the sweater poking through before you start the simulation?

How are you simulating, current frame from default pose, animated timeline?

If you for the bra look in Parameters > Display > Simulation, is it then set to visible 'On'?

Post edited by felis on
  • lbartelslbartels Posts: 53

Yes, the bra is poking through before I start the simulation.

In the Simulation tab, I clicked on "Default" so it's simulating "current frame from default pose"

Looking at the bra's simulation tab.. visible is set to "On"

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,362

If what you loaded is Outfit, there's a wrong setting in the Bra, expand FG Bra in Scene tab, delete FG Bra (2). (ss1)  This Bra is not dForce ready, so just leave it alone.

Add Smoothing Modifier to both of Bra and Sweater. Select Sweater, change its Collision Item to FG Bra. If poke-thru is gone, then Simulate.

Pls be noted that there's no weight in the breasts area on the dForce modifier of Sweater, so there'll be no collision in between Sweater and Bra when simulation. But you can always tweak the weight as needed.

SNAG-2024-6-24-007.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-6-24-008.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-6-24-010.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
  • lbartelslbartels Posts: 53

Thank-you.. that worked.

I didn't have to delete Bra 2, because when I dressed the model, (it wasn't there). I didn't choose the entire outfit, just the sweater/bra.
    But I did add the smoothing modifier to both.

Now, can you explain what I did?

If I understand the collision setting correctly, I am stacking layers.. The bra is set to not collide with the model, and the sweater, in turn, to not collide with the bra.  Is this typical of layering clothing?

Again.. thanks.

Beverly019.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,362

No... Bra should collide with figure's body, otherwise its Smoothing modifier will be in vain. Then Sweater collides with Bra, with Smoothing modifier as well.

I would say it's not really typical but just a workaround to avoid or ease poke-thru, by using this "layers of collision".