lighting

When I bring in my own textured object, the lighting does not affect the object. Can't figure out whats going on. Haven't found any tutorials on this particular subject. I don't know for sure, but I don't think a daz character is affected by the lights either. I'll have to double check that. Can any body help?

Comments

• Dark45Dark45 Posts: 75

Make a screen cap when you can in reference to what you are speaking about if you can. You can show the surfaces tab for your object as well as an iray preview or a render displaying the lack of light interactions. Your light settings or what you are using to light the object could be important as well. Also your render settings.

As long as you have built the iray shader for your object (assuming you are using iray), any surface to produces light or any daz studio lights added in your scene should calculate when illuminating the object in questions surface.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,362

What do you mean by "the lighting does not affect the object", no texture can be seen ? no light is visible on the surface of the object ?  What is the draw style are you using now ? etc...

Yea... better post a screen shot ~