Wood Chip/ Detail Carving Set

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,317
edited June 23 in Freebies

I have a powerful memory of my dad when I was a kid, and that was of him buying a set of wood chip/Detail carving knives. He spent many an evening doing carving on pieces of lime and plum wood. I can't remember anything he carved, but I can remember he often took them away with him when he was away for work.

A couple of years ago I found something similar myself. I've used them a couple of times for presents, but nothing for me. I mean to, but not yet.

Anyway, I thought I'd model some.

There are 8 carving tools, and a plastic box to put them into.
There are two scene subsets of the tools and box (one open, one closed). In addition, there is a piece of wood partly carved, a model of a chip and a scene subset of a load of chips (ultra-)scattered over the work so it looks as if it's mid carving.

Furthermore, there is a wearable preset for each and every tool in the left & right hands of G8F, G8M and G9 (48 wearable presets all told, and 126 rendered thumbnail + tip images in the package).

For those users of other packages, there are 12 obj files, including a model of the wood chip.

The zip file is around 25Mb, so I'm sorry, you'll have to download from my Rendo freebies page - and it's not yet approved.

And yes, I do know that if the tool slips, she's going to cut her hand. You know it, I know it. She doesn't. You must ALWAYS cut away from yourself. Book her a visit to A&E.

I do hope they'll be good for something,

Regards,

Richard

Edited to add: Image upload issues appear ended.

Chip Carving Set Promo.jpg
1200 x 800 - 222K
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 847

Thank you for all the wonderful freebies you're sharing yes

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,317

Thanks for the vote of confidence even though it's sight unseen. Unfortunately it's going to stay that way a while yet, image upload is still borked.

Regards,

Richard

Currently on a tablet, and don't have the main promo image on it, so here's a little one:
    Chip-Carving-Set-Thumb.jpg
    300 x 350 - 20K
    edited June 23

It's now available on Rendo, currently the most recent item: https://www.renderosity.com/users/richardandtracy/freestuff

Regards,

Richard 

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,981

thanks

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,423

Thanks for this and all the things you make, nice to have everyday items not related to mythical fights or portraits. lol

Ha ha. Sounds a bit like 'Thanks for the boring, mundane stuff ', but I know what you mean. Not every image is of, or even can be of, a heroic grand adventure. Real life intrudes, and you need set dressing to be able to make it look believable. Into this theme of mundanity, I will in the next day or two launch my next freebie. A rigged pizza cutter. Definitely the prop to set the world alight..! All the best, Richard.
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,423

Can't wait, I'm on pins and needles lol

These types of props are needed if someone is doing animation of any kind, the story needs filler props for various characters and not everyone is the hero/heroine. It annoys me when all that's made is fantasy warrior stuff. It leaves a big void for backup characters in a story.