Geografts and morph deformation [Resolved]

LZYLZY Posts: 28
edited June 22 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi again,   

When you craete a geograft and attach it to a figure the underlying mesh is still present but is hidden.    Morphs still apply to that hidden mesh and will deform the geograft.   

Thats really desirable in most cases but in some its not wanted, for example if your geograft completly removes an area of geometry.   

What options are available to remove or supress the effects of those morphs?   As the creator of the geograft I have no idea what morphs could be applied so the solution wouldnt be to create a serieri of corrective morphs?    I'm aware of rigidity maps and have used them with some sucess, what other options are there?

Post edited by LZY on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited June 21

Well, normally a Content Creator is not able to provide all fixed FBM or PBM on the geografts.. so as users, we fix generated FBM or PBM on the geograft if there's any issue of distortion, e.g. by turning off generated FBM/PBM in geograft's hidden property, or by smothing distortion in external applications. (like the example I attached... there's no fixed morph on this Tentacle Arm geo-graft but just Movement morphs )

As for Rigidity Groups, I would say it may not bring you expected results on most of the grafts... because a geo-graft on a softbody is not like other wearables (clothing, hairs...) , it is grafted on the figure with seams. So if an FBM or PBM's influence reaches beyond the seam, Clearing generated morph will even bring you more serious distortions around the seams...

So I personally suggest you just leave them alone ~~  But still... that depends on what kind of geo-grafts you're making. You still can provided fixed FMB/FHM on it for some of the popular characters if you'd like to... But for PBM/PHM, no need to touch them.

SNAG-2024-6-22-065.png
    2020 x 1389 - 615K
    SNAG-2024-6-22-066.png
    2023 x 1391 - 651K
    SNAG-2024-6-22-067.png
    2016 x 1389 - 599K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • LZYLZY Posts: 28

Thanks for the advice Crosswind.   Part of the geograft is rigid so using rigidity on that worked ok, the flesh areas around that where the issue.   Blending a rigid map does seem to do the job to a degree but I take your point its meant for hard surfaces not organics.