GoZ bridge

mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,066
edited June 20 in Daz Studio Discussion

This has been covered many times and I have read most of the discussions, but can't find an answer that will resolve my problem.

I'm on a MAC and am trying to install GoZ. I have DIM pointing to my installation of both Daz Studio and zBrush (I added zBrush from the advanced menu).

When I try to install, it nevertheless insists that I give DIM a path (due to, the popup says, an "Install Error"), but when I try to give a name and path of Studio, I the dialgoue box tdoesn't let me add anything.

Again, DIM is pointing to zBrush. It knows where it is. And I can install my purchases and plugins no problem, so it knows where Studio resides.

I also have Studio closed when I try to install, but that is also making no difference.

Only GoZ is being a PITA.

When I try to do a manual install, 4.21 Beta (using 4.21 Beta GoZ) launches when I use the bridge, but fails saying it can't find zBrush. And 4.22 Beta (using the corresponding plugin) doesn't even have GoZ show up as a bridge option.

Anybody run into this and figure out how to solve this PITA?

Edit: in 4.21 under Preferences, Bridges, I also checked the option of Update Path, but that didn't do squat either.

Post edited by mcorr on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

You may have only one version of GoZ installed at once, so when you say some are working and others not are you switching them out or have you tried to have multiple installed?

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,066
    edited June 20

No I am only trying to work with one install at a time, either the beta, or I trash that version, and try GoZ for the regular built.

Here is a reading I got when I tried to launch the app in the shared, pixolgic folder:

pplication Specific Information:
    dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
      dyld: Using shared cache: 482F0EF9-B940-309E-8378-2B670C55A83E
    Library not loaded: @rpath/libdzcore.dylib
      Referenced from: /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio
      Reason: image not found

It seems myopic and can't find the library?

Post edited by mcorr on

Are you sure the GoZ you are installing matches the version of Daz Studio you are using? The Daz plug-ins get recompiled for each Daz Studio release, and won't work in a different version. You can check itss tatus insdide daz Studio by going to Help>About Installed Plug-ins.

I installed 4.22 with the GoZ plug-in simultaneous from DIM, so I am not aware how a mismatch could come into existence.

edited June 20

plug-ins info is: 1.15.0.16.

presumably that is what 4.22 (none beta) requires ...

Post edited by mcorr on

Looks plausible, I don't have GoZ in the General Release but the other Daz plug-ins end .16 and I think it is usually consistent.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

Installing plugins requires the paths of DS applications configured in DIM - Advance Settings - Applications tab, are the paths set there for both GR and PB ?

Then, if it says cannot find ZBrush, have you checked if required files locate in : C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\DAZStudio64... and have you tried re-running GoZ_for_ZBrush_Installer_WIN.exe under C:\Program Files\Maxon ZBrush 2024\Troubleshoot Help ?

edited June 21

Hi crosswind ...

like I said, I'm on a mac, so running the WIN.exe willl do me no good ...

and yes, as I said above, DIM has been set up to point at Studio (GR and PB), as well as zBrush.

After the GR version of GoZ was installed, I verified that the plugin and all the required files are in the shared (public) folder.

I also verified that no other copies of the plugin are in the PB.

But when I try to export to ZB, Studio says, "Unable to connect, check the installation."

Then when I hit the GoZ button within ZB, it says, "Unable to open file !:/users/Shared/Pixologic/GoZBrush/Scripts/GoZ_ExportFromZBrush.

So, it's a puzzle to me, no matter what I try, I keep this same reaction profile.

Post edited by mcorr on

Ah, I just forgot you're using Mac but the mechanism there should be the same:

For the 1st issue, you may go to your : users/Shared/Pixologic/GoZBrush/, check if there's a file named GoZ_Config.txt or with some Mac related extension.. open it and see if the path of ZBrush is correctly defined.

For the 2nd issue, I think there should the same sub-folder named "Troubleshoot Help" under the application folder of ZBrush... If you can find the executable file, just run it for troubleshooting purpose...

SNAG-2024-6-21-056.png
    782 x 249 - 16K
    SNAG-2024-6-21-057.png
    729 x 445 - 34K

Thanks for troubleshooting this with me!

(1) The Config.txt only says, APPS_UNLOCKED = TRUE

(2) The GoZ Info.txt has no path in it:

NAME            =    "DAZStudio64"
    GOZ_VERSION        =    1
    EXTENSION        =    ".GoZ"
    TAMPLATE        =    "GoZ Complete Binary.GoZ"
    LOCATE_COMMAND    =   "GoZLocateDAZStudio.sh"
    EDIT_COMMAND    =    "GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app"

(3) GoZLocateDazStudiuo.sh reads:

cd /Users/Shared/Pixologic/GoZApps/DAZStudio64
    ../../GoZBrush/GoZLocateApp.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZLocateApp DAZStudio64 "DAZStudio.app"

(4) And finally, the GoZ..app, when I double click it returns an error popup that reads as follows:

Process:               GoZBrushToDAZStudio [14862]
    Path:                  /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio
    Identifier:            com.daz3d.carrara.GoZBrushToDAZStudio.macho.1.0.0.0
    Version:               ???
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Translated)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           GoZBrushToDAZStudio [14862]
    User ID:               503

Date/Time:             2024-06-21 10:58:15.855 +0200
    OS Version:            macOS 11.4 (20F71)
    Report Version:        12
    Anonymous UUID:        4AFA2E88-24A3-52A5-4727-43D31D605F7E

Time Awake Since Boot: 48000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:

Dyld Error Message:
      Referenced from: /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio

***So, there is a two way problem here: zbrush does not see the plugin and the plugin can't find zbrush, but both are there!!****

Lastly, regarding the zbrush trouble-shooting executable ....

It says nothing, just lists my hardware.

Interesting though, when I launched the "GoZ_for_ZBrush_Installer_OSX.app", it reinsttalled whatever it installs and then I tried lauching the bridge again from inside Studio. This time I didn't get an error message to check the installation, but .... I got nothing .... it didn't connect to or launch ZB ... nothing .... which is something (progress), but obviously doesn't solve the problem

UPDATE:

Not sure why, but I am now finally able to launch GoZ from Studio and transfer my file to ZB.

However, ZB is still not playing nice, even when I -- in Menu/Pref/GoZ -- manually set the path to Studio, it won't send the file back to Studio.

It still gives this error message:

"GoZBrushToDazStudio.app cannot be opened" with the following details:

Process:               GoZBrushToDAZStudio [15796]
    Path:                  /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio
    Identifier:            com.daz3d.carrara.GoZBrushToDAZStudio.macho.1.0.0.0
    Version:               1.0 (1)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Translated)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           GoZBrushToDAZStudio [15796]
    User ID:               503

Date/Time:             2024-06-21 11:59:25.432 +0200
    OS Version:            macOS 11.4 (20F71)
    Report Version:        12
    Anonymous UUID:        4AFA2E88-24A3-52A5-4727-43D31D605F7E

Time Awake Since Boot: 51000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:

Dyld Error Message:

As a matter of fact, it's getting progressive in terms of trouble-shooting. You may proceed with ~

- under Pref - GoZ, there's an action "Force Reinstall" and "Update all paths", do them first.
    - go to: Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\DAZStudio64, check the file "GoZ_Config.txt", see if it's like ss1
    - then check the file "GoZ_Info.txt", if it's like ss2

Then try GoZ back to DS in Zbrush

SNAG-2024-6-21-061.png
    756 x 365 - 8K
    SNAG-2024-6-21-062.png
    653 x 235 - 17K
    edited June 21

No, that didn't do the trick. Thanks though.

Post edited by mcorr on