Can Poses Foil a dForce Simulation?

Without going into product details, I rendered two images using the same dForce-enabled outfit (a matching jacket and skirt) worn by the same G8F character. In the first image, the character is standing and the simulation worked a treat. In the second, the character was seated and the simulation produced a messy blob. I took care to turn off simulation on hair and every other article of clothing; only the jacket and skirt were visible in simulation. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks to one and all.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,224
    edited June 20

Pose and surrounding items (I imagine she was sitting on something) can definitely be a factor, as dForce doesn't like intersecting items.

Sitting poses are typically a case where I would consider using an animation to get the simulation right.

Post edited by Leana on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited June 20

For the figure with a sitting pose, did you check the option "Start Bones From Memorized Pose" in Simulation Settings pane, before Simulation ? or used a Timeline to Simulation ?

If a figure has a sitting, lying, crouching, jumping... etc. pose, better use one of the above options...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • contedesfeescontedesfees Posts: 238

Thank you, Leana and crosswind. I do very much appreciate your replies.