What package contains the Uber base shader?

Trying to remove packages from one library and re-install to a preffered library, but withj thousands of packages its hard to find the one witht the paths I want to change.

Want to delete the uber base shader and move them to a more moveable disk.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

In this product: 13176 - Default Resources for DAZ Studio

• Its part of the Default resources for daz studio.

If you want the easiest method, just move the default library in its entirety, then change the path in CDM(content directory manager) to the other drive.

You can edit the DSX file for CDM(contentdirectorymanager.dsx) with a program like Notepad++ and change all the drive letter's at once.

edited June 19

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

Its part of the Default resources for daz studio.

If you want the easiest method, just move the default library in its entirety, then change the path in CDM(content directory manager) to the other drive.

You can edit the DSX file for CDM(contentdirectorymanager.dsx) with a program like Notepad++ and change all the drive letter's at once.

In fact the last action doesn't work as all the active Library paths are stored in Windows Registry rather than contentdirectorymanager.dsx which only saves Content Sets...

My lesson is from here just now - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/691496/how-to-copy-the-list-of-of-content-folders-from-ds4-to-ds4-beta#latest

Post edited by crosswind on
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 439

crosswind said:

In this product: 13176 - Default Resources for DAZ Studio

Thank you

• cr

In fact the last action doesn't work as all the active Library paths are stored in Windows Registry rather than contentdirectorymanager.dsx which only saves Content Sets...

My lesson is from here just now - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/691496/how-to-copy-the-list-of-of-content-folders-from-ds4-to-ds4-beta#latest

That's correct, except that if you change which 'set' is active(current directories) it also updates the registry.

To clarify the process.

In CDM(content directory manager), select the 'current directories' and then click the 'copy' button.

Clicck accept, and then edit the Contentdirectorymanager.dsx file with the new drive path.

Back in cdm, you'll just need to select the copied set(which has been modified) by clicking the radio button and clicking accept.

This will make the new paths active in Current directories and updates the registry entries.

cr

That's correct, except that if you change which 'set' is active(current directories) it also updates the registry.

To clarify the process.

In CDM(content directory manager), select the 'current directories' and then click the 'copy' button.

Clicck accept, and then edit the Contentdirectorymanager.dsx file with the new drive path.

Back in cdm, you'll just need to select the copied set(which has been modified) by clicking the radio button and clicking accept.

This will make the new paths active in Current directories and updates the registry entries.

Yep, that's right !

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

crosswind said:

cr

To clarify the process.

Yep, that's right !

although I think the script is less fiddly.

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

cr

To clarify the process.

Yep, that's right !

although I think the script is less fiddly.

The script is good !

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 439
    edited June 20

Well I went through manually finding what I needed. Everything in one place now no more duplicates, except a few products where vendors are carless with naming.

Thank you all

Post edited by wscottart on