I am looking for a pinwheel

I am really surprised but I cannot find a single pinwheel prop here or on any other Daz model site.  It's really kind of surprising that there is not one in any set at all.  Maybe it's just not coming up on a search.  Has anyone seen a pinwheel for Daz?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

Like this one from Artys Fans - or is it too big?

There are some more on one of those sites we dare not mention.

• SofaCitizen said:

Like this one from Artys Fans - or is it too big?

There are some more on one of those sites we dare not mention.

Actually, if I scale it and do a custom texture, I think that will work- thanks!

• ElorElor Posts: 1,143
    edited June 18

I found a free Colorful Pinwheel on Sketchfab, by CiboBlu and I converted it for Daz with basic rigging to rotate the vanes and a couple of controls to get an easier access to the axis rotation, the height of the tube and the diameter of the wheel (without having to hunt down each bone). I may add others controls because playing with them show some limitation but as long as it too show the front of the pinwheel, it does look nice even with the default material applied when I imported the .obj file from Blender to Daz:

I think I'm allowed to share my conversion (its author shared the pinwheel under a CC Attribution licence), but I'll ask before putting my foot where my mouth is by assuming wrongly blush

Pinwheel.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 593K
    Post edited by Elor on