Twin classrooms

These two products look awfully simlar:

https://www.daz3d.com/college-classroom

https://www.daz3d.com/business-school-classroom

I'm not accusing the PAs concerned of copying eachother, but I wonder if both were based on the same real world example?

Comments

• DripDrip Posts: 1,185

Possible, but that happens with many more products. I don't think it's a big issue though, it's mostly the general layout that's similar, but the props and details are radically different: different chairs, different round desks, different center desk, one has a clock above the door, the other a line of flags along a wall, etcetera.
    I rarely look at indoor environments to use them "as is". An empty room is quite easy to make in blender, or even within Daz Studio using some basic primitive objects and standard textures or shaders. I'm more interested in all the props that come with environments, which are way more complex and elaborate to make myself. So I have a lot of very similar environments, but which have very different props.

Outdoor environments are a different matter: those are also a bit harder to make than a simple room, so I regularly buy those for the ground layout and textures instead of the props like bushes and trees. Having more trees is also great, ofcourse, but having a large selection of plains, hills, cliffs, roads, sidewalks and whatnot is priceless for outdoor renders.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,479

They look pretty different to me, beyond clearly being lecture halls.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

That's just what lecture halls tend to look like.

• hjakehjake Posts: 838
    edited June 17

Yup both look like typical lecture halls. Although one has some interesting business class banners. Some fantastic companies!!!! smiley

Other might need to cut down on the caffiene, althought they do seem well hydrated with enviormentally unfriendly water bottles.

Post edited by hjake on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,525

They're only similar in the broadest of strokes. They're small semi-circular lecture halls with blackboards, projectors, wheely chairs and wooden decor.

That's *thousands* of lecture halls.

(Not to mentione that the exact details of everything is completely different. Only one set of the chairs has arm rests, one set of desks is on steel posts and the other wooden, one has double stepped tiers (making it much higher, so it has a hand rail), completely different arrangements of lighting, one has a lecturn and the other only a desk, etc).

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,799

OK, my mistake. I guess it's because not only do all the lecture halls I've seen in the UK not like that, but they don't even look like eachother!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

The freshman math and art classes auditoriums I went too look like the Polish product. After the most of the students flunked out of the freshman year they then put us in regular college classroms which DAZ also has similar products in their store. The 2nd looks more like an auditorium you'd be in if ou ever went to some business symposium.