Adding Text to a surface.

I am add a label to something.  And I don't know how.

Like adding a name/address to a letter.. Or a title to a book, or a label on glass or bottle.

Sure, I can go into Surfaces and if the object has a base color image, I can edit that image.. Done that before with success.

But what if doesn't have such an image?

I don't know where to start... Thanks in advance.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,907

If there isn't any textures that can guide you, you need the UV map (also sometimes called the templates)

An UV map translates how an image is represented on the model.

In Daz Studio, if you select the object in the scene tab, and one/more/all surfaces in the surface tab, you can switch your viewport to UV-map.

For some products you can find the templates in your product library.

You can't export the map from DS, only make a screenshot, 

If there is no templates, you can only get the UV maps by exporting the object to a modeller, and export from that.

You could apply a UV test texture (can be found on the web), and use that as guide for where to put your text.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

If there is no guidance, by template (see what @felis suggests above) or by image applied to any of the surface's properties, then you'd be doing it by trial and error. You could do it with a decal or using an 'overlay image' via the LIE editor.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

Or an alternative: if you know some of Blender or SP, you can directly paint Text or whatever texture on the exported 3D model and bake diff. types of tex. maps to make various effects.