Daz had a bad day... so where are the customizations for the program stored?

alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,125
edited June 17 in Daz Studio Discussion

after the install of autosave. my Daz421 lost the ability to select render in iray  (412 could still) and 422 will render zip because it's win 7 and it won't. 
So I fixed the 421 by dragging the stock items from the 421 install zip into the 421 folder and bingo we got the option for rendering again but it took out all the meue things like the turbo accelerator for characters the items in the scripts tab etc. 
Any idea where to look to find what carried the data (yes I have earlier versions of the 421 folder) 
So the install mess took out something ... the clean install of basic stuff brought the iray back but something wiped the custom menus from all three versions. 
---
the custom menu items may have disappeared when I installed the new plug in but since I was sidetracked by not being able to render I wasn't importing characters or running scripts so don't know for sure when they disappeared. Also lost the custom pane arrangement over the multile monitors despite the start-up file being the same one as always. 
---
There were a bunch of custom actions in the menu bar that had to have been stored somewhere? moves and rotates etc with icons. 

Post edited by alan bard newcomer on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

If the tools were plug-ins, and if you mean the application folder, then you will need to reinstall them, data (including custom actions) should nto be affected as that isn't written to the application folder (the OS protects that so nothing should be placed there without a security prompt). If you keep the installers you can reinstall an earlier version through DIM, as long as you have it working offline.

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,125
    edited June 17

Richard Haseltine said:

If the tools were plug-ins, and if you mean the application folder, then you will need to reinstall them, data (including custom actions) should nto be affected as that isn't written to the application folder (the OS protects that so nothing should be placed there without a security prompt). If you keep the installers you can reinstall an earlier version through DIM, as long as you have it working offline.

got the plugins back and got turbo loader back by running the script... but these were the little tools like rotate more x to the left or to the right that came with someones mods set .... 
    basically all the action icons (like turbo loader) that had been added to the menu bar.
    Has to have been stored somewhere where all versions of the program can access them ... I lost the scripts that had been added to a tab in the menu bar also. Seeing that the actions added to the menu bar had icons etc they should bave been stored somewhere and since I have backed up daz studio folders on other drives.. even if they got cleaned out on  main drive they should still be there but the current program doesn't know to load them. 
    thanks.. 
    I have the items in the image moved into the script menu but they used to be added to the toolbar. Along with others ... they're what I'm trying to find again. 
    I think there was a script to add stuff to the menu bar .. but that was 8 or 9 years ago. 

actions.jpg
    1608 x 136 - 143K
    Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

The layout is version-specific, saved in the same folder as the log (in the AppData folder)

• made copies of the scripts that installed the items in the toolbar and the items and added a folder to the scripts folder with my name and the stuff inside... so now if the actions get lost I can just run the install script again. 

thanks for your feed back