I need some help with the Content Browser

FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 214
edited June 16 in Carrara Discussion

I installed Greeble City Blocks with DAZ Download Manager

They are there showing the tumbnail but when I want to drag a block into the Scene it says

Warning: file /data/Stonemason/GreebleCityBlocks/SMCGBlock61/SMCGBlock61.dsf could not be found
Error: node /data/Stonemason/GreebleCityBlocks/SMCGBlock61/SMCGBlock61.dsf#SMCGBlock61 not found

It also happens with a lot of other content.

Can someone help me to clean this mess?

thanks

Post edited by Fettbemme on

Comments

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 214

rk66 said:

Maybe here more info > http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/carrara/8_5/userguide/start

which part of my question was unclear to you, please?

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,200

I recall having a similar problem with some (not all) DS content.  The answer I got here was to export OBJ from DS, then load into Carrara.  Also, unless it's a really interesting product, I avoid DS content in favor of Poser format.  I've got  LOT of Poser content (including e.g. Greeble Blocks), so can probably find something to use in an animation that is as good or better than any DS product.  Still, the DS Iray renders can be very inviting, say for use as backgrounds in Carrara.  

cheeky

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,949
    edited June 16

In your DIM, right click with your mouse in the space of the title of the item, a grey box should appear with a number of options.

Click on "Show Installed Files...", and another window should open.

Check that your dsf locations on your computer match the locations in the window.

Sounds like your computer is having trouble with the dsf files, which could be a download error or an installation error.

If it is an installation error, I would get the zip file for the item and manually install the components.

I download the zip files for my content, then manually install them.

Greeble City Locations 1.png
    799 x 1025 - 149K
    Greeble City Locations 2.png
    799 x 1022 - 177K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 214
    edited June 17

Bunyip02 said:

In your DIM, right click with your mouse in the space of the title of the item, a grey box should appear with a number of options.

Click on "Show Installed Files...", and another window should open.

Check that your dsf locations on your computer match the locations in the window.

Sounds like your computer is having trouble with the dsf files, which could be a download error or an installation error.

If it is an installation error, I would get the zip file for the item and manually install the components.

I download the zip files for my content, then manually install them.

Thanks for the help

I guess I install them from the ZIP file

Post edited by Fettbemme on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,949

You could try fixing up your download paths in DIM and see if that helps.

I have a custom location for both my Carrara and DAZ Studio, DIM has had nothing but trouble with them in the past, so I do manual installation to solve the headaches. It is a bit more work but at least I know where the files are.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,862

have you tried not using the smart tab and load the Poser version from the content tab

some ( a lot ) of the cross over products ( DazS and Poser ) give this error .. I find loading the Poser version is the easiest way if available. yes