Accessory Conversion when they don't attach to a Character?

So, I've noticed that sometimes with Accessories or Clothing, or Anatomy Depending on whether their G8 or 8.1 they either will or will not attach to a Character.

Sometimes they do, and work just as flawlessly. But sometimes for example you could add something like a Scarf or some Earings, Or body-hair meant for G8 to an 8.1 character and when you pose them they break.

Some of them will pose along with the Character but will become Offset to the left or right, others might just stay in their original place after moving the character becoming completely detached from them entirely.

Even if in the Parameters Tab they state that they are "Fit On" to that certain character they still do not attach themselves. While others won't attach at all due to incompatible Geometry.

What best way is their to remedy this? A Conversion Perhaps?

I found a script that could apply a G8 Geoshell onto an 8.1 Character and thought perhaps it could resolve the issue if I attached the items to the Geoshell Instead.

It worked partially, if I moved the character the items would be attached with no offset at all, until i loaded a pose, then it would break once again.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

If the item is parented to the figure and not fitted then moving the figure by the hip will leave the parented item behind.

Generally things parented and/or fitted to Genesis 8 will apply to Genesis 8.1, but not the reverse.

• I'm not sure then why some of the accessories i have aren't fitting/parented aren't staying attached to the figure then.

It should, and some G8 items I have do work as you state on 8.1 just fine, but some just don't want to work on them.

• Have you tried making sure they are fitted and parented in place and then saving them as a wearable preset?