G8 vs G9. Which one do you prefer?

Hi,

I dont know if the question has already been answered. I am back after a long break. I see G9 is available now. 

So, I wanted to know if there is any benefit to switch to G9 from G8? I am considering w.r.t Morphs, Clothes, Poses, etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

I can't afford to move from G8.1 to G9 at this point, so I really haven't spent enough time with G9 to have an opinion.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,738

I see no benefit to switching whatsoever.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,800
  • daveso said:

58 pages oin that topic laugh

Getting on the 9 train, or not - Daz 3D Forums

OMG! Will takeout some time to go through. Thanks! 

And thanks to everyone for the inputs till now :)

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,149
    As much as I grew to love G8, I prefer G9 being unified. Plus, from a user standpoint, I like the eyes and teeth being separate because I can reduce my poly count by not loading them or reducing their individual subdivision. I still use G8 alongside G9 though.
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

I love the preponderance of morphs, gear, and utilities I own for G8/8.1, but I also like many G9 skins (though, so far, the Caucasian G9 skins age my characters); so, I use Cayman Studios' Genesis 9 UVs for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female to place G9 skins on G8.1, and I get the best of both worlds.

• semperequstrisemperequstri Posts: 150

G8 because it can do everything I need it to do and the G8 male looks better in my eyes than the male version of G9.  The unimesh of G9 makes the male chest area just look "off".  Hopefully G10 will go back to separate male and female bases otherwise I'll be sticking with G8 for a LONG time. I mean V4 still works after some 18 years!

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 975

It really depends on your use. Since I tend to use a lot  of re=texturing ( like cartoon materials ), Generation 8 is much better because it still has many material zones.In 9, many zones got consolidated into one map - this is especially bad in the face). 

I enjoy variety and am still using 9 to some degree, but earlier generations had better mapping and texture zones.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

souravpadhi89 said:

daveso said:

58 pages oin that topic laugh

Getting on the 9 train, or not - Daz 3D Forums

OMG! Will takeout some time to go through. Thanks! 

And thanks to everyone for the inputs till now :)

Closing this rather than have people just retread ground already covered in the other thread.

This discussion has been closed.