How to render still image with no blurring texture effect ?

Hi all, i want to render some objects with no blurring texture made by the photorealistic renderer, it is possible to render sharp still image like in the games of PS1, the default carrara render settings don't allow me to disable the texture blurring after the image rendering or i missed something in the settings, in fact i want the same realtime render texture effect (software) of carrara when viewing the object in the Assemble room with opengl disabled, maybe it's not possible in carrara.

Comments

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 214

What is the size of the texture in pixel? can you send screenshots 

• CelluloCellulo Posts: 60

I have no screenshot to show but for the example, take the castle in building section of the browser objects menu, zoom in on the object toggle software mode, we can see the pixel texture.

My question, can i have the same render to have the pixel texture when launching a render with the photorealistic render mode ?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,949
    edited June 15

You don't have DOF enabled by any chance ?

G9M Raw Oakley 1 setup DOF.png
    2272 x 1032 - 749K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited June 15

Bunyip02 said:

You don't have DOF enabled by any chance ?

that was my thought as well or texture on infinite plane without tiling (?)

no tiling

with tiling

no tiling.PNG
    1920 x 1050 - 1M
    with tiling.png
    1920 x 1041 - 1M
    Post edited by Fettbemme on
  • CelluloCellulo Posts: 60

Hi, this screenshot (assemble room software mode) show what i want with the renderer set to photorealistic but it seem it's impossible to reach the exact pixel effect without the blurring (texture blending ?) effect of the renderer.

Carrara_pixel.jpg
    1920 x 1029 - 899K
    edited June 16

I opened the castle, and baked out a tower texture.

This is what Carrara will render, I don't know if there is anyway the texture can be pixelated in Carrara, or if it needs to be done in your favourite graphics program then reloaded into the shaders.

If you don't have Inagoni's Baker it is available at https://github.com/Chaplier/inagoni/releases/tag/v1.0

Castle Tower texture 1.png
    1917 x 1038 - 601K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,862
    edited June 17

have you tried adjusting settings in the interactive renderer settings?

Screenshot 2024-06-17 114512.png
    732 x 743 - 161K
    Post edited by Stezza on

So thats what that button does !!! All these years of using Carrara and I had never clicked on that one ....

Cellulo said:

Hi, this screenshot (assemble room software mode) show what i want with the renderer set to photorealistic but it seem it's impossible to reach the exact pixel effect without the blurring (texture blending ?) effect of the renderer.

ah, let me clear this up

you actually do want that pixelated effect in your render so you have a MineCraft effect in your rendered images?

if so, you can only pixelate all textures in Photoshop, save them to a new file and apply them to your models inside Carrara and render

Cellulo said:

ah, let me clear this up

you actually do want that pixelated effect in your render so you have a MineCraft effect in your rendered images?

if so, you can only pixelate all textures in Photoshop, save them to a new file and apply them to your models inside Carrara and render