Saz not Exporting Textures Despite .OBJ Settings.

Hi, I like to use DAZ as a 3D drawing software and recently learned I can port the models into blender and from there put them into my drawing software directly.

However, I recently ran into some trouble. I prefer using "Mike'D's Wireframe Render for Iray" Material which generates a wireframe texture over the daz model in question and looks rather nice. However, when I went to export the model as an .OBJ, placing into blender, the object had no texture. So I checked the .mtl file that is created with it using Visual Studio Pro and realized that none of the textures were attached for whatever reason, so I tried using other methods I found online like setting the Maps to "Collect" or turning on collapse UV etc, I even tried to see if I could modify the mtl to have the information itself but to no avail. if anyone knows what is going on, I'd appreciate whatever help I can get, I included a screenshot as well with what I have my settings at and result in daz.

DAZStudio_yAhcCexH5S.png
1920 x 1050 - 488K

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

The Wavefront material settings are similar to the old Poser 4 material settings, so getting no textures is normal when you are using more elaborate shaders.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

Bejaymac said:

The Wavefront material settings are similar to the old Poser 4 material settings, so getting no textures is normal when you are using more elaborate shaders.

More limited, if anything - see opacity.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388

DS OBJ exporter only writes Diffuse Maps (Base Color...) to *.mtl file.  If you assigned texture maps to the slots of Base Color (with Iray Uber Shader or PBRSkin), you would see the path of map(s) in mtl file.

If there was no map in Base Color, you certainly found nothing related to maps in mtl file.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,528
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,468
    Gordig said:
    Typo for Daz, I assume.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,528

I know, I was joking.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,272

If you just want the maps, I wonder if you can just collect them manually from the directory they are stored in.  With that Wireframe product, i suppose they are in the temp folder?  You can check file path in Surfaces tab?

It's not like maps need to be read from an obj .mtl file to be imported to blender (a bad idea anyway since obj file format is not a daz to blender bridge) so probably more efficient to do manually.

Side note: Im sure it's much easier to generate renderable wireframe in blender directly. That daz wireframe product is incredibly slow and underpowered for large environments.