Daz Studio seems not using GPU

sergicsclsergicscl Posts: 10
edited June 12 in New Users

After a while rendering i noticed on msi afterburner that my gpu is not using his power. Also, the PC is not doing so much noise as it used to when using GPU hardly.

It's my first time render on Daz. I also made sure, before I hit render, that the program recognized the graphic (it appeared on advance panel).

MSIAfterburner.JPG
753 x 487 - 78K
Post edited by sergicscl on

Comments

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 284
    edited June 12

Chances are you've run out of VRAM. An 8GB card will struggle with large scenes or more than a couple of characters with hair and full outfits, depending on which generation you're using.

Try to render your scene again and then post your log file as an attachment. Help -> Troubleshooting -> View Log File

This comes up so often and 99 times out of 100 the scene is too complex for the GPU. You'll need to optimise your scene (remove items, cut the size of the texture maps etc., etc.) as there is no other fix other than buying a new GPU with more VRAM. If it doesn't fit into your cards VRAM it won't render on the GPU.

Post edited by TimberWolf on
  • sergicsclsergicscl Posts: 10

Hi @TimberWolf, thanks for answering. 

Yes, my GPU VRAM seems not enough for Daz with large scenes, also i was using QHD resolution to render so i reduced to FHD and now it seems to work finely.

Furthermore, i switched my Nvidia drivers from Game Ready to Studio in case that helps a bit.

Best regards.