DS animation spline wave interpolation issue when adding new keys

edited June 12 in Daz Studio Discussion

This will be difficult to explain.

When adjusting scene elements to create a movement (which displays as a wave in Graphmate) I then want to add keys to the frames in between in order to lock that movement (wave) into place over that span of frames. The problem is that adding even a single key to any frame changes the shape of that spline wave and thus the movement. In other programs such as Poser that movement wave would not change shape unless I intentionally alter it to different values in one or more frames. Here are some images to illustrate what is happening:

I begin with set positions/keys at certain points such as the beginning, middle and end of the animation. At this point the movement is what I want and is correctly represented by the spline wave:

Now I want to lock that entire wave/movement into place so that it does not change unless I specificly edit it however adding even a single key anywhere on that wave changes the shape of the wave and alters the movement on every other frame:

Now adding keys to any frame locks them into the new 'incorrect' positions and further changes the wave/movement with each added key. This is a big problem especially when trying to place keys over an entire figure because it changes the movement/wave for every single parameter in the figure. It seems to be changing the wave to something similar to a local linear interpolation (but not quite) even though that interpolation has not been selected. I could manually adjust the tension, continuity and bias of the wave on every parameter on every frame to shape that wave back to what it was but OMG that would make a simple 60 frame animation take hundreds of hours. What am I missing or doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to add keys to multiple frames at once instead of one frame at a time? (without the wave changing)

Thank you in advance.

Post edited by stimuli_8_44c11709dc on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

You wuld, I think, do better to modify the interpolation at the entry and exit points to stop other keys from propagating changes into the desired sequence rather than trying to pin within the sequence.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You wuld, I think, do better to modify the interpolation at the entry and exit points to stop other keys from propagating changes into the desired sequence rather than trying to pin within the sequence.

How would I modify the interpolation at those points to lock the wave without adding keys? I usually need to place keys on every parameter and every frame because these animations are made into poses for other people to use. Leaving open frames with no keys locking down the movement causes a host of issues for the end user.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,067

I'm not sure, possibly the C(ontinuity) value if you left the key as TCB

• Richard Haseltine said:

I'm not sure, possibly the C(ontinuity) value if you left the key as TCB

Nope that doesn't do it =(