Daz to blender default model

Hi, Is there a way to set the default models in Daz from the very bland base mesh (g8.1) to something else? When creating custom morphs I'd like to start from a base that's a little more human-accurate than the 'middle of every human' attributes. So if I wanted a nose to grow, I currently have to, in daz, export the base mesh, make adjustments in blender, put back into Daz and then apply my morphs, only to then realise that the nose edits don't look as good when working in conjuction with the morphs I apply. Is there no way to have a: * custom figure shape in daz * export it to blender * edit the nose * bring back into daz but have the morph edits apply ONLY to the nose edits I've made in Blender? So all other elements like height, weight, mouth realism are all disregarded/unaffected? I wouldn't want the morph applied to another model only for their height to shrink etc. I must be doing something stupid because it seems counter intuitive to keep reverting back to the original base model and mostly guess sculpting edits. Thanks all,

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,388
    edited June 10

You should've : 1) exported the character that you're using now (i.e. your custom character) to Blender for sculpting; 2) exported the char to OBJ in Blender after sculpting; 3) imported OBJ with MLP: set Reverse Deformations to "Yes", Overwrite Existings to "Delta Only" in MLP's dialogue box.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Kr00kedKr00ked Posts: 6
    Thank you! So there was something obvious. When I next get chance I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on